* Darlington Raceway is one of the most difficult tracks the Nationwide Series competes on but Kyle Busch never turns his back on a challenge. * In four starts at the famed "Lady in Black," Busch started in the top-10 three times including...
* Darlington Raceway is one of the most difficult tracks the Nationwide Series competes on but Kyle Busch never turns his back on a challenge.
* In four starts at the famed "Lady in Black," Busch started in the top-10 three times including sitting on the pole in 2004. He has also captured two top-10 finishes and led 58 laps.
* In three Sprint Cup races at Darlington Raceway, Busch has one top-10 start and one top-10 finish.
Beringer Vineyards "Cheering" Kyle Busch to Victory
* Busch will pilot the Beringer Vineyards machine in the Diamond Hill Plywood 200 on Friday night. This is Busch's second race with Beringer. In their first outing together at California Speedway, Busch raced the Beringer Vineyards Camry to a second place finish.
Braun Racing Sponsor Responsible for Founding of Mother's Day
* Braun Racing associate sponsor, The Fraternal Order of Eagles, is responsible for founding the first national day to honor mothers- Mother's Day. Frank Hering, from South Bend, IN, dedicated member of FOE, had the idea for a special day that would provide a formal recognition for mothers. In 1904 Hering verbalized publicly his idea of a "national day of honor for mothers" but it took 10 years for his idea to become a reality. Legislation was introduced in the U.S. Congress in 1914 requesting a presidential proclamation making the second Sunday in May Mother's Day. President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed May 10, 1914 the first official Mother's Day.
Busch on Racing at Darlington Raceway "Darlington is a tough track. They've repaved it now so it will feel smoother but that will also make it much faster. I'm looking forward to practice on Thursday so we can really gauge the differences from last year to this year. The handling will be really important during the race. Darlington can be a very exhausting track when your car isn't handling right. After the adjustments Trent Owens made last week in Richmond to make the car better, I'm confident we can do the same thing again if it's needed. This chassis has been good to me so far. We finished second with it in California and I felt like it was capable of winning at Bristol but we got wrecked. This weekend we're going to work on getting this team and the people at Beringer Vineyards to Victory Lane!"
Equipment Information The No. 32 Beringer Vineyards team will compete with chassis 24 in Friday night's Diamond Hill Plywood 200. This is the same chassis Kyle Busch ran at California Speedway where he finished second and Bristol Motor Speedway where he got wrecked on lap 13 and finished 42nd.