* Brian Vickers is looking to tame the "Lady in Black" again! His win in August, 2003 was one of three on his way to the Nationwide Series Championship title that year. In addition to the win, he is credited with one top-five and three top-10...
* Brian Vickers is looking to tame the "Lady in Black" again! His win in August, 2003 was one of three on his way to the Nationwide Series Championship title that year. In addition to the win, he is credited with one top-five and three top-10 finishes in seven starts and has led for 39 laps at the 1.366-mile track.
* Vickers will next pilot the No. 32 Camry when the Nationwide Series returns to Charlotte Motor Speedway (May, 2010). Reed Sorenson will hop in the driver's seat for next weekend's race at Dover International Speedway.
* Chassis #37 heads to Darlington! The Dollar General team will unload chassis #037 this weekend for the Royal Purple 200. This car was last seen on-track in Fontana where Vickers started from the seventh position and finished eighth. This is the same car that he drove to second place finishes last season at both Auto Club Speedway (October) and Michigan International Speedway (August). Vickers also sat on the pole position at Michigan with this car in August, 2009.
* The Dollar General team heads to Darlington FIFTH in the Nationwide Series Championship Owner's Points.
Crew chief, Trent Owens, on returning to his "home" track:
"Coming home to Darlington is one of my favorite stops on our schedule. Not just because of my history, but also the track itself has such a deep history in racing. It's always fun to go to race tracks that have been on the circuit for so long; where the legends have raced. I have a lot of good memories from Darlington, not only at the race track but also from having grown up here. I was just a normal kid, playing baseball and golf in high school. I have had a lot of great moments at this track. I've watched my family race here, I drove here as a competitor in the Truck Series in 2002 and now I am here as a crew chief. In 2004, when I was a shock specialist at RWI, we won with (Jamie) McMurray and I am definitely ready to get back to Darlington's victory lane! It would be great to get a win here as a crew chief. Every win is special, but to be able to do it with so many family and friends around would make it even that much better."
Brian Vickers on Darlington Raceway:
"Darlington has always been one of my favorite tracks to go to. It is a constant hustle with the car. You have to be on your game the whole time. The rhythm you attempt to settle into is different than almost any track we go to besides the road courses. With the two distinct corners, each lap can present a challenge; especially when you get into lap traffic. It's going to be a fun race to run. In 2003, I won this race and it would be great to do it again this weekend with the Dollar General team! I really enjoy working with these guys and with this being Trent's home track, I would love to take him to victory lane there."
-source: braun racing