Notes of Interest: * Dollar General to sponsor Vickers, Reutimann and the Chicagoland NNS race: This weekend Dollar General will play a duel sponsor role by adorning the Toyota Camrys driven by Brian Vickers and David Reutimann and by...
Notes of Interest:
* Dollar General to sponsor Vickers, Reutimann and the Chicagoland NNS race: This weekend Dollar General will play a duel sponsor role by adorning the Toyota Camrys driven by Brian Vickers and David Reutimann and by serving as title sponsor of the Nationwide Series race at Chicagoland Speedway. The Dollar General 300 Powered by Coca-Cola action kicks off at 8:00pm ET on Friday night.
* Dollar General BIG STAGE Sweepstakes is underway! Enter for your chance to win a VIP trip to Nashville, backstage passes with Trace Adkins at the Grand Ole Opry AND $50,000!! Over 1800 additional prizes will be awarded. Contest is from June 28 -- October 1, 2009. To enter, simply shop at Dollar General and buy participating brands, then enter the special code on your receipt at dollargeneral.com.
* Windy City Stats: Vickers has only three starts in the NASCAR Nationwide Series at Chicagoland Speedway; however, he has two top-five finishes with 1 lap led under his belt. He finished third in 2003 and fourth in 2008.
Vickers on racing at Chicagoland Speedway:
"Every week this Dollar General team gives me a great car. The mile and a half program is very strong and we have been in contention to win at Vegas and Lowe's. I think this weekend will be no different. The over the wall crew has nailed some great stops in recent weeks and we are bringing the same Toyota we had in Charlotte. With the momentum we are carrying from the solid runs at Loudon and Daytona, I feel that we will be battling for the win at the end of the race. It would be fantastic to go to victory lane with all the Dollar General guests that will be here for this weekend's Dollar General 300 at Chicagoland Speedway."
Crew Chief, Trent Owens, on this weekend at Chicagoland:
"We have had some really strong races this year with Vickers, especially at the mile and a half tracks. I think we are just knocking on the door of a win with the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota. We are bringing the same car with us that he drove at Lowe's. That Camry was one of the strongest cars of the race and, had that rain held off, I think we would have had some celebrating to do in victory lane. To get our first win of the season this weekend at Chicagoland would be extra special since it is the Dollar General 300."
* The No. 32 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #040 in this weekend's Dollar General 300.
* This is the same chassis that Braun Racing ran at Lowe's Motor Speedway in May, 2009, where Vickers started 5th and finished 4th in the rain-shortened event.