No. 12 Penske Racing Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger News and Notes * This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge team and driver Justin Allgaier will race chassis PRS-018 during Friday's NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Lowes Motor...
No. 12 Penske Racing Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger News and Notes
* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge team and driver Justin Allgaier will race chassis PRS-018 during Friday's NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Lowes Motor Speedway. PRS-018 last saw action in March at the half-mile Bristol Motor Speedway, where Allgaier captured his first top-five finish as he brought the Verizon Wireless Dodge home in the fifth spot.
* Rookie Watch... Allgaier is currently leading the Nationwide Series Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings. After his top-five performance in Darlington two weeks ago, Allgaier reclaimed the rookie race lead from Michael McDowell. Allgaier now leads second place Brendan Gaughan by seven points.
* Moving On Up... With the No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge team's solid performance two weeks ago at Darlington Raceway, Allgaier picked up three spots in the season long championship points pursuit. The 22-year-old driver now sits ninth overall in the standings.
* Stop By... Allgaier will visit the Verizon Wireless store in Concord, N.C. on Friday, May 22 from 6-7 p.m. ET. The Illinois native will meet with store employees and sign autographs for fans. The store is located at the Concord Mills Mall off Speedway Blvd.
* Autographs Anyone?... Allgaier will appear at the Penske Racing souvenir trailer on Saturday, May 23 from 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. ET. The trailer is located on souvenir row at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
* Newest Team Member... No. 12 team member Scott Sterkenburg and his wife Lisa welcomed a baby girl, Abigail Lyn, to their family on Friday, May 8. Scott serves as the shock specialist on the Verizon Wireless Dodge.
Justin Allgaier on driving at Lowe's Motor Speedway
"I am excited about this weekend. We are racing the same car that ran really well at Bristol in March. We know we have a package that can get around these kinds of tracks, we just have to fine tune it. (Crew chief) Chad [Walter] and all the guys on the Verizon Wireless team have been busting their tails trying to find that bit of speed that will take us to Victory Lane. How cool would it be to win our back yard? We just need to keep riding this wave of momentum. We had a great run two weeks ago in Darlington and now we just need to continue to make good decisions."
Crew Chief Chad Walter on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway
"Lowe's Motor Speedway is a great mile-and-a-half track. Handling and track position are the keys to success. Your car has to be able to rotate through the corners on both ends of the track in order to have a shot to win. Track position is crucial. These cars are so aero dependent that you need to keep your machine in clean air, and the only way to do that is to be leading. It is great knowing Justin has been to Lowe's before. We have been really working on our mile-and-a-half package and this will be a good test for us. We had a strong run a couple of weeks ago and want to keep up the momentum. I am looking forward to seeing what happens. He impresses me every time we get on the track."