Sorenson behind the wheel of the special PINK No. 10 Dollar Genral Toyota * Reed Sorenson will drive a specially painted pink No. 10 Dollar General Toyota in Friday night's Dollar General 300. He joins Braun Racing teammates Brian Vickers and ...
Sorenson behind the wheel of the special PINK No. 10 Dollar Genral Toyota
* Reed Sorenson will drive a specially painted pink No. 10 Dollar General Toyota in Friday night's Dollar General 300. He joins Braun Racing teammates Brian Vickers and Jason Leffler as the Braun Racing organization supports Dollar General-sponsored IndyCar Series driver, Sarah Fisher, and Susan G. Komen for the Cure®.
* One more reason to cheer the No. 10 Dollar General Toyota to victory lane! Reed Sorenson is donating 10% of his winnings as well as $10,000 if he wins Friday night's Dollar General 300 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
* Dollar General to sponsor Vickers, Sorenson and the Lowe's Motor Speedway NNS race: This weekend Dollar General will play a duel sponsor role by adorning the Toyota Camrys driven by Brian Vickers and Reed Sorenson and by serving as title sponsor of the Nationwide Series race at Lowe's Motor Speedway. The Dollar General 300 action kicks off at 7:30pm ET on Friday night!
* Sorenson has made six previous NNS starts at Lowe's Motor Speedway. He has one top-five finish and two top-six starts. His best start at LMS is from the fourth position (October, 2005) and his best finish is fifth (May, 2005). Sorenson was last at LMS in a Nationwide Series car in October, 2007 and is excited to be back in action under the Friday night lights!
* This weekend marks Sorenson's fourth start with Braun Racing in 2009. He drove the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota to a second-place finish at Gateway International Raceway (July, 2009) after tying for both the pole position and new track record time. He has one top-five and four top-10 finishes in 2009.
Sorenson on returning to Lowe's Motor Speedway:
"It is always exciting to race at Lowe's Motor Speedway and spend the weekend here at home in Charlotte. There are always a lot of friends and family at the track, which makes a win here that much more fun. Dollar General is sponsoring the Nationwide Series race on Friday night and we will have a lot of guests in Charlotte this weekend. I would love to make their trip extra special and put this No. 10 Dollar General Toyota in victory lane for them!"
Sorenson on his pink No. 10 Dollar General Toyota and his pledge to Susan G. Komen for the Cure:
"Driving a pink car and wearing pink to celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness month is not a first for me. Breast cancer hits home for a lot of us. My mom had four aunts that were diagnosed with breast cancer. Each fought hard and survived, but not everyone is as fortunate to have such an outcome. This weekend I drive my pink Dollar General Toyota and proudly wear my pink fire suit to honor every person who has been affected by this disease. They are true warriors in the fight against breast cancer. I am also pledging 10% of my winnings as well as $10,000 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure if we win the Dollar General 300 on Friday night. Hopefully one day we'll beat this terrible cancer."
* The No. 10 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #035 in this weekend's Dollar General 300 at Lowe's Motor Speedway. * #035 is a new chassis that is making its debut on the track this weekend.