* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge team and driver Justin Allgaier will race chassis PRS-008 during Friday's NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Lowe's Motor Speedway. PRS-008 last saw action two weeks ago at Kansas Speedway,...
* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge team and driver Justin Allgaier will race chassis PRS-008 during Friday's NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Lowe's Motor Speedway. PRS-008 last saw action two weeks ago at Kansas Speedway, where Allgaier captured a top-10 finish as he brought the Verizon Wireless Dodge home in the sixth spot.
* Making His Debut... Rookie sensation Justin Allgaier made his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut last year at Lowe's Motor Speedway. He qualified the car in the 14th spot, but an accident half way through the event relegated him to at 34th-place finish.
* Rookie Watch... With five races remaining on the 2009 schedule, Allgaier remains the leader in the Nationwide Series Rookie-Of-The-Year battle. The Riverton, Ill. native is currently 17 points ahead of Brendan Gaughan in the rookie standings after 30 of 35 events.
* Fight for Fifth... Allgaier also remains in a heated battle for fifth place overall in the series. The Verizon Wireless Dodge driver sits in the fifth spot, but is only 52 points ahead of sixth-place driver Steven Wallace.
* Fan-tastic... On Friday, October 16th, Penske Racing will host its annual Fan Fest. The event will give fans an up close and personal look at the 550,000 square foot racing facility. Both IndyCar Series and NASCAR drivers will be on hand to meet with their fans as well as sign autographs. The event is slated to kick off at 8 a.m. ET. Visit www.penskeracing.com for more information.
Justin Allgaier on driving at Lowe's Motor Speedway
"I am excited about this weekend. We are racing the same car that ran really well at Kansas a couple of weeks ago. We know we have a package that can get around these kinds of tracks, we just have to fine-tune it. (Crew chief) Chad (Walter) and all the guys on the Verizon Wireless team have been busting their tails trying to find that bit of speed that will take us to Victory Lane. How cool would it be to win in our back yard? We just need to keep riding this wave of momentum. We had a great run two weeks ago in Kansas and now we just need to continue to make good decisions and finish off the season on a high note."
Crew Chief Chad Walter on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway
"Lowe's Motor Speedway is a great mile-and-a-half track. Handling and track position are the keys to success. Your car has to be able to rotate through the corners on both ends of the track in order to have a shot to win. Track position is crucial. These cars are so aero dependent that you need to keep your machine in clean air, and the only way to do that is to be leading. It is great knowing Justin has been to Lowe's before. We have been really working on our mile-and-a-half package and this will be a good test for us. We had a strong run a couple of weeks ago and we want to keep up the momentum. I am looking forward to seeing what happens. Justin impresses me every time we get on the track."