* Braun Racing is seeing PINK! The entire organization will "go pink" for the Dollar General 300 in support of Dollar General-sponsored IndyCar Series driver, Sarah Fisher, and Susan G. Komen for the CureÂ®. Brian Vickers will trade in his ...
* Braun Racing is seeing PINK! The entire organization will "go pink" for the Dollar General 300 in support of Dollar General-sponsored IndyCar Series driver, Sarah Fisher, and Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. Brian Vickers will trade in his traditional black and yellow No. 32 Dollar General Toyota for a special pink paint scheme. Braun Racing teammates Reed Sorenson and Jason Leffler will also support the cause with specially designed pink Camrys.
* Dollar General to sponsor Vickers, Sorenson and the Lowe's Motor Speedway NNS race: This weekend Dollar General will play a duel sponsor role by adorning the Toyota Camrys driven by Brian Vickers and Reed Sorenson and by serving as title sponsor of the Nationwide Series race at Lowe's Motor Speedway. The Dollar General 300 action kicks off at 7:30pm ET on Friday night!
* The No. 32 Dollar General team is ready to get back to victory lane! Braun Racing and the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota went to Lowe's Motor Speedway's victory lane for the 2008 CARQUEST Auto Parts 300 (May) and are ready to make a return visit!
* Vickers has made eight previous NNS starts at Lowe's Motor Speedway. He has four top-five finishes and has only finished outside of the top-14 on two occasions. His best start at the Charlotte-based speedway is from the pole position (May, 2003) and his best finish is third (October, 2008). This weekend marks Vickers 16th start this season with the Dollar General team. He has one remaining race scheduled behind the wheel of the No. 32 Toyota: Texas Motor Speedway (November 7).
* Vickers ranks in the top-10 in several Loop Data categories. These categories include: Average running position (3rd), Driver Rating (6th), Fastest Drivers Early in a Run (4th), Fastest Drivers Late in a Run (5th), Fastest Laps Run (8th), Fastest on Restarts (3rd), Fastest Green Flag Speed (5th), Laps Led (10th), Passes in Turn 1 (7th) and Speed in Traffic (3rd).
Vickers on returning to Lowe's Motor Speedway:
"With Lowe's Motor Speedway in our own backyard and lots of friends and family present, this is one of those races that everyone wants to win. We had a great run here in the spring and had a great shot at the win; unfortunately Mother Nature had different plans and shortened our night with the rain. The Braun Racing teams run great here and with Dollar General sponsoring the Nationwide Series race, it would be just awesome to get the win on Friday night!"
Vickers on his pink No. 32 Dollar General Toyota
"I honestly never thought I would drive a pink race car, but I can't imagine a better reason than to do it to support Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Breast cancer hits home for a lot of us. Members of the Braun Racing family and my Dollar General team have been affected by this awful disease. This weekend I am honored to drive this pink Toyota and will proudly wear my pink fire suit for every person who has bravely battled breast cancer."
* The No. 32 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #040 in this weekend's Dollar General 300 at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
* #040 was last seen on track at Kansas Speedway (September, 2009) where Vickers started the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota from the fourth position. Unfortunately, he was collected in an accident and finished 28th.
* This is the same chassis that Vickers drove at Chicagoland Speedway (July, 2009) where he qualified second, narrowly missing the pole position by only 0.003 seconds! He finished in the third position.