TONY EURY SR. READY TO LEAD ANOTHER YOUNG DRIVER TO SUCCESS AT TEXAS * Tony Eury Sr., director of competition at JR Motorsports and interim crew chief for the No. 88 Navy Accelerate Your Life team is no stranger to success at Texas Motor...
TONY EURY SR. READY TO LEAD ANOTHER YOUNG DRIVER TO SUCCESS AT TEXAS
* Tony Eury Sr., director of competition at JR Motorsports and interim crew chief for the No. 88 Navy Accelerate Your Life team is no stranger to success at Texas Motor Speedway. The veteran crew chief led his former driver, and JRM team owner, Dale Earnhardt Jr. to his first-career NASCAR NEXTEL Cup and NASCAR Busch Series wins at the 1.5-mile track. On Saturday, Eury Sr. will look to find the same magic with rookie driver Brad Keselowski in the No. 88 Navy Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS in the NASCAR Busch Series O'Reilly Challenge.
* Keselowski has two previous Busch Series starts at Texas Motor Speedway. In last year's O'Reilly Challenge, he was running well when his car ran out of gas. Keselowski lost several laps as he pitted for fuel and finished 29th. In the spring race he completed six laps before his car's engine failed. Keselowski also has three Truck Series starts at TMS. His best finish in that Series at the 1.5-mile track is 20th.
* In three starts at Texas Motor Speedway, the No. 88 Navy team's best finish is 23rd.
* The JR Motorsports Navy Chevrolet team is bringing chassis No. JRM 030 to Texas this weekend. This is a brand new car that has yet to hit the track.
* In 11 starts in the No. 88 Navy Chevrolet, Keselowski has racked up four top 10s and seven top-15 finishes. With only three races to go in the 2007 season, the Navy team has scored one top five and eight top-10 finishes.
* Last weekend at Memphis Motorsports Park Keselowski started 25th and overcame a penalty and a spin the second half of the race to finish ninth.
Brad Keselowski, Driver, No. 88 Navy Accelerate Your Life Chevrolet Monte Carlo
"I had a pretty good run going in last year's race at Texas. We ran out of gas and lost a lot of positions when I had to make my way down pit road for fuel.
"The track is a lot like Chicagoland and Kansas, so I think the high line will come into play during the race."
Tony Eury Sr., Crew Chief, No. 88 Navy Accelerate Your Life Chevrolet Monte Carlo
"I think we're going to have a good run with Brad at Texas. He ran well at Kansas and Charlotte, and both of those tracks are fairly similar to Texas.
"I've had some good races at Texas before. We got Junior's first Busch and Cup wins there in '98 and 2000. Brad's a pretty good young driver. He's focused on running well and we're bringing a new car for him to run at Texas, so we should bring home a good finish for the Navy team."