No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Blue and Yellow: The No. 41 Dodge will again be sporting the yellow and blue special paint scheme of Home123. This will be the third time this season for the special paint scheme. Sorenson raced the Home123 Dodge at...
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Blue and Yellow: The No. 41 Dodge will again be sporting the yellow and blue special paint scheme of Home123. This will be the third time this season for the special paint scheme. Sorenson raced the Home123 Dodge at Bristol and Milwaukee earlier this season. Home123 is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. and is a subsidiary of New Century Financial Corporation, a publicly traded company (NYSE: NEW).
* Busch Series Points Standings: Reed Sorenson's seventh-place finish at Pikes Peak last weekend kept him third in the NASCAR Busch Series championship points standings. He is only 184 points behind leader Martin Truex Jr., and just 62 points behind second-place Clint Bowyer.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson currently sits second in the rookie of the year race, he is trailing Carl Edwards by a mere two points (270-268). The rookie points are determined by the top-16 finishes during the season.
* Gateway International Raceway: Last week Sorenson, along with fellow CGRFS driver David Stremme, tested at Gateway. The Home123/Discount Tire team stopped off on its way to Pikes Peak to show the rookie the track for the first time.
* Chassis: The Home123/Discount Tire team will race chassis #453 at Gateway this weekend. This is the same car that Sorenson piloted to 14th, 12th, 31st and 32nd-place finishes at New Hampshire, Milwaukee, Richmond and Phoenix respectively.
* Sign on the Dotted Line: Sorenson will be signing autographs along with his fellow Busch Series drivers on Friday before the first practice. The session will be for season ticket holders of Gateway International Raceway only from 5 to 6 p.m.
* Radical Rookie: For the 10th time this season Sorenson grabbed top rookie of the race honors. His seventh-place finish made him the highest finishing rookie for the 250-lap race. He has been the highest finishing rookie for the 2005 season more than any other rookies.
REED SORENSON QUOTES:
"We had a really good run last weekend. I was a little nervous after our qualifying run but the Discount Tire crew worked hard and we were able to pick up spots on the track and on pit road. We had never been to Pikes Peak before, but we were able to do well and that is what we are hoping for this weekend in St. Louis. I went and tested at Gateway last week and we had a good test. I am looking forward to taking what I learned at the test, using it this weekend and getting the No. 41 Dodge back in victory lane."