No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis ...
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis #453 in Richmond this weekend. This is the same car that finished 32nd at Phoenix earlier this season. This Discount Tire crew also tested this chassis earlier this month in preparation for the Funai 250.
* Testing Fever: The Discount Tire crew is testing this week at Lowe's Motor Speedway in preparation for the 300-mile race later this month.
* Busch Series Points Standings: Sorenson is currently third in the Busch Series points standings. He is 156 points out of first place, but only 13 points out of the second spot.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson currently sits second in the rookie of the year race, just 22 points behind leader Carl Edwards. The rookie points are determined by the top 16 finishes during the season.
* Did You Know?: In 11 starts this season, Sorenson has been the highest finishing rookie six times. He has also led more miles than any other rookie in the Busch Series. He has led five times in two races for a total of 304.60 miles (225 miles).
Reed Sorenson Quotes:
"The team has really been working hard to make sure we have the finishes we need to be in the top-five in the points standings. We had a really good test at Richmond earlier this month. I am looking forward to taking the Discount Tire Dodge to RIR for the race this weekend, and hopefully get a top-five finish. The past few weeks we have had some bad luck, and we are hoping to turn it around this Friday the 13th."