Jason Keller Notes: * Jason Keller and the Albertsons Racing team are the most recent NASCAR Busch Series winners at Richmond International Raceway. Keller and the crew won at the .75-mile track in May of this year. It was Keller's third...
Jason Keller Notes:
* Jason Keller and the Albertsons Racing team are the most recent NASCAR Busch Series winners at Richmond International Raceway. Keller and the crew won at the .75-mile track in May of this year. It was Keller's third win out of four this season.
* Crew chief Steve Addington's call to bring Keller in the pits on lap 149 during the race at RIR in May was the turning point of the race. Keller was running in second when he came in the pits along with only three other cars. With the stop, Keller was able to finish the race without another trip to pit road.
* Keller is looking to capture his third pole at Richmond International Raceway and his third of the season during qualifying Thursday evening. Keller's two pole positions at RIR came in 1994 and 1999.
* Keller and the Albertsons team have captured nine top-10 finishes in the last 11 races. Keller was running in the top five when engine failure caused the two finishes outside the top 10 at Kentucky and Michigan.
* The Albertsons team sits second in the championship standings, 78 points behind the leader.
Jason Keller Quotes:
On Richmond and the Championship... The Albertson's Racing team driver considers the .75-mile track his favorite on the circuit. In May he added the only thing missing from his Richmond resume...a win. While Keller is in the heat of the championship battle, his focus is on the event in front of him.
"I can't wait for this weekend," said Keller. "I've been paying close attention to what the drivers that tested at Richmond recently are saying about the track. I don't think they sealed the track again, so that should mean a second racing groove will come into play. The times look quick too, so I expect great racing.
"Everyone wants me to talk about the championship, but right now I'm focusing on each and every race. I'm not just racing Greg Biffle, I'm racing 42 fierce competitors who want to get to victory lane the same way I do. I refuse to get caught up in points racing with nine races left on the schedule. We proved anything can happen when both Greg and I had trouble in Michigan. If I'm still in contention come Homestead, then I'll start talking about the championship."
The Albertsons Ford:
Keller will be driving the same Albertsons Ford that captured his first victory in 17 starts at Richmond International Raceway in May.