No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Busch Series Points Standings: Reed Sorenson's 14th-place finish at New Hampshire last weekend kept him third in the NASCAR Busch Series championship points standings. He is only 170 points behind leader Martin Truex...
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Busch Series Points Standings: Reed Sorenson's 14th-place finish at New Hampshire last weekend kept him third in the NASCAR Busch Series championship points standings. He is only 170 points behind leader Martin Truex Jr., and just 28 points behind second-place Clint Bowyer.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson currently sits second in the rookie of the year race, he is trailing Carl Edwards by 10 points (261-251). The rookie points are determined by the top-16 finishes during the season.
* Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis #452 at Pike Peak this weekend. This is the same car that the Discount Tire team took to Atlanta Motor Speedway in March.
* DTC Store Appearance: Sorenson will be at the Discount Tire Store on Academy Blvd. in Colorado Springs on Thursday from 4 to 6 p.m. Stop by and get an autograph and see the Discount Tire showcar.
* Did You Know?: A Raybestos® Rookie has scored a top-five finish in each of the last two consecutive Busch Series races at Pike Peak: Clint Bowyer (fourth in 2004) and Joey Clanton (fifth in 2003).
REED SORENSON QUOTES:
"I am looking forward to racing this weekend at Pikes Peak. This is another track that I have not run at yet and it is always fun to try out a new track. We have been able to stay close in points to Martin (Truex Jr.) and Clint (Bowyer) and another solid run this weekend will keep us in the top three. The Discount Tire team is getting ready to go test several tracks in an effort to learn all we can for the last half of the season. Hopefully we will be able to gain the knowledge we need to win the championship."