No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The No. 41 Discount Tire team will take chassis ...
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The No. 41 Discount Tire team will take chassis #452 for the Busch Series race this weekend. This is the same car they finished seventh with at Pikes Peak, won with at Gateway and finished third at IRP earlier this season.
* Coming to a Discount Tire Store Near You: Sorenson will be appearing at a local Discount Tire store from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, November 10. The rookie will be signing autographs and greeting fans at 1824 E. Camelback Road.
* Phoenix Children's Hospital: Sorenson along with fellow Busch Series driver Carlos Contreras will be visiting patients at Phoenix Children's Hospital.
* Hoop It Up: Thursday evening Sorenson will take in the Phoenix Suns basketball game at America West Arena. The rookie will be signing autographs and meeting players before they take on the Detroit Pistons.
* Second Time Around: This will be Sorenson's second Busch Series race at Phoenix International Raceway. In April, the rookie was able to avoid the first 12 cautions, which also included a red-flag stoppage, but was unable to avoid unlucky caution 13. On lap 145 on the restart, a pile-up forced Sorenson behind the wall for repairs and relegated him to a 32nd-place finish.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson remains second behind Carl Edwards in the rookie of the year race (325-321). He has closed the gap to just four points with two races remaining in the 2005 season.
* Busch Series Points Standings: Sorenson also remains fourth in the NASCAR Busch Series championship standings. Sorenson is only 58 points out of the third spot.