CLINT BOWYER Headed to the "Valley of the Sun" HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (April 18, 2006) -- As we all know, without fail, every career has its peaks and valleys. With the ACDelco race team heading to the "Valley of the Sun" they are on their way...
Headed to the "Valley of the Sun"
HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (April 18, 2006) -- As we all know, without fail, every career has its peaks and valleys. With the ACDelco race team heading to the "Valley of the Sun" they are on their way to the peak of their career. ACDelco driver Clint Bowyer, hopes to carry the momentum the Real Car Guys picked up at Nashville Superspeedway last weekend after finishing second in the Pepsi 300 to the top of the mountain; otherwise known as the NASCAR Busch Series championship.
The Busch Series is competing at Phoenix International Raceway this Friday night, April 21st for the running of the Bashas' Supermarkets 200. Bowyer has raced at the track two times in the Busch Series and hopes to one-up his last finish of second place and take the win under the lights in the 200-lap event.
Bowyer said, "When you go to a track where you have run well in the past, you automatically have more confidence in yourself. Not only does my confidence go up, but the confidence of the entire team goes up and that really helps. We ran well at Nashville last weekend and we have run well at Phoenix in the past, so our confidence level is going back up."
Points of Interest...
* What Ya' Haulin'...The Real Car Guys will take chassis No. 47 to Phoenix International Raceway this weekend. They brought home a 9th place finish at Las Vegas Motor Speedway this season after starting in the 8th spot.
* Track Stat...Bowyer has raced three times at PIR, two of which are Busch Series races. He finished 13th after starting 14th in the spring 2005 event and glided through the field for a 2nd place finish in the fall event after qualifying 32nd. His debut in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series was in 2005 at PIR where he came home in 22nd place.
* Points Chase...Bowyer moved back up to the third position in the NASCAR Busch Series drivers' points chase after his finish at Nashville Superspeedway. He is currently 209 points behind his teammate and points leader, Kevin Harvick. The No. 2 ACDelco race team gained two spots in the NASCAR Busch Series owners' points. They are now in third place, 218 points behind their teammates Kevin Harvick and Jeff Burton in the No. 21 Coast Guard Chevrolet.
* And Then There Were Two...Clint Bowyer and his Richard Childress racing teammate, Kevin Harvick are the only Busch Series drivers to complete all 1,482 laps of NASCAR Busch Series competition for the 2006 race season.
* Record Holder...Clint Bowyer holds the current record in the NASCAR Busch Series for most consecutive races finished on the lead lap. He has completed every race since Memphis in 2005 on the lead lap.
* Start Time...Friday night's Bashas' Supermarkets 200 is scheduled for 9:00 p.m. Eastern. Live television coverage of the 200-lap event will begin on FX at 8:30 p.m. Eastern, with live radio coverage beginning at the same time on your local MRN radio affiliate and XM Satellite Radio -- channel 144.
* Double Duty...ACDelco driver, Clint Bowyer will be competing in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series for Richard Childress Racing in the No. 07 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS for the eighth time this season. He is currently 13th in the Cup Series point standings and 313 points out of the lead.
No. 2 ACDelco driver Clint Bowyer on Phoenix International Raceway...
Being that your Cup debut came at Phoenix International Raceway in 2005, do you hold the track on a specific level in your mind?
"Obviously it's where I got my first cup start so it will always be a good track in my mind. We ran really good there last season and hopefully we can do the same this weekend. We need to keep the momentum going from Nashville."