* Johnny Sauter took RaybestosÂ® Rookie of the Race honors in fine style in the Tropicana Twister 300 at Chicagoland Speedway. Sauter scored his first career win in the event, taking the checkered flag .420 second over Todd Bodine. The win came...
* Johnny Sauter took Raybestos® Rookie of the Race honors in fine style in the Tropicana Twister 300 at Chicagoland Speedway. Sauter scored his first career win in the event, taking the checkered flag .420 second over Todd Bodine. The win came in his 23rd career Busch Series start and betters his previous career best finish (a third place effort earlier this season at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in March). Sauter joins leading Raybestos® Rookie Contender Scott Riggs as the only rookies to win a Busch Series race this season. For the season, Sauter has racked up two top-fives and three top-10s.
* Sauter led twice for 48 laps at Chicagoland Speedway (including the final 21) and becomes the 12th different winner in 19 races. He becomes the first of the Sauter brothers (Jay and Tim) to win a NASCAR Busch Series race. The Chicagoland Speedway event marked the fourth time this season Sauter has been Raybestos® Rookie of the Race.
* Sauter's win moves him into second place in the Raybestos® Rookie standings behind leader Scott Riggs. Sauter trails Riggs by 62 points (243-181) entering Saturday's Charter Pipeline 250 at Gateway International Raceway.
* Riggs had a tough day at Chicagoland Speedway. He was sidelined by an accident and was credited with a 30th place finish.
* Six Raybestos® Rookies started the race at Chicagoland Speedway and two were running at the finish: Sauter and Hmiel (23rd). In addition to Riggs, the cars of Kasey Kahne (25th) and Brian Vickers (31st) were also knocked out of the race due to accidents. Casey Mears dropped out with engine failure and finished 38th.
* Despite his misfortune, Riggs remains fourth in Busch Series points, 207 behind leader Greg Biffle. He is 57 behind third place Jack Sprague and 160 behind second place Jason Keller. Riggs holds a 90 point advantage over fifth place Scott Wimmer.
* Riggs was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at Chicagoland, earning the second starting position in time trials, just .008 second behind pole winner Todd Bodine. Riggs has been top qualifying rookie in seven races this season. He was the only first year driver to start inside the top-10.
* Eight Raybestos® Rookies entered the Tropicana 300 at Chicagoland Speedway and seven made the race on their qualifying speed: Riggs, Mears (11th), Vickers (12th), Hmiel (18th), Sauter (20th), Earnhardt (24th) and Kahne (29th). Dan Pardus was involved in an accident during his qualifying lap and did not post a qualifying time. He did not qualify for the event.
* Riggs has led more miles than any other Raybestos® Rookie Contender. He has led 13 times in eight races (252 laps) for a total of 386.55 miles. The rest of the class: Sauter (125.12), Hmiel (67.87), and Mears (6.00).
* Three Raybestos® Rookies have won at least one pole position this season: Hmiel (2), Riggs (2), and Sauter (1).
* Entering the Charter Pipeline 250, four Raybestos® Rookies have started all 19 Busch Series races this season: Riggs, Hmiel, Mears, and Earnhardt.
* 2001 Raybestos® Rookie of the Year Greg Biffle was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in last year's race at Gateway International Raceway. He finished fourth, completing all 200 laps of the race.
* Biffle's run highlighted a strong performance by the Raybestos® Rookie class at Gateway. Scott Wimmer had a good run, coming away with a 10th place finish on the lead lap. Jamie McMurray also had a good day, posting an 11th place finish. They were the only rookies to complete all 250 miles.
* Biffle was the only Raybestos® Rookie that led a lap at Gateway. He paced the field twice for 55 laps.
* Biffle took highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie honors in grand style, winning the pole for the event. It was his second pole of the 2002 season. No other rookie qualified in the top-10.
* Biffle, Wimmer, and McMurray were the only freshman drivers that were running at the finish of the race. Larry Foyt finished 32nd after he was sidelined by an accident.
<pre> RAYBESTOS ROOKIE CONTENDER POINT STANDINGS
DRIVER POINTS Scott Riggs 243 Johnny Sauter 181 Shane Hmiel 179 Casey Mears 155 Kerry Earnhardt 154 Brian Vickers 71 Kasey Kahne 57 Dan Pardus 55
HIGHEST FINISHING RAYBESTOS ROOKIE BY RACE
EVENT HIGHEST FINISHING ROOKIE EAS/GNC Live Well 300 Shane Hmiel, fifth 1-866-RBCTerm.com 200 Scott Riggs, fourth Sam's Town 300 Johnny Sauter, third DarlingtonRaceway.com 200 Johnny Sauter, 11th Channellock 250 Scott Riggs, ninth O'Reilly 300 Scott Riggs, fourth Pepsi 300 Scott Riggs, first Aaron's 312 Casey Mears, fifth Auto Club 300 Scott Riggs, first Hardee's 250 Brian Vickers, seventh Busch 200 Shane Hmiel, fourth Stacker 2 200 Scott Riggs, second CARQUEST Auto Parts 300 Scott Riggs, third MBNA 200 Scott Riggs, 11th Inside Traxx 300 Shane Hmiel, ninth Kroger 300 Scott Riggs, fourth GNC Live Well 250 Shane Hmiel, sixth Stacker 2/GNC Live Well 250 Johnny Sauter, sixth Tropicana Twister 300 Johnny Sauter, first