No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Busch Series Points Standings: Reed Sorenson's fourth-place finish at Dover International Speedway kept him third in the NASCAR Busch Series championship point's standings. Sorenson trails leader Martin Truex Jr., by...
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Busch Series Points Standings: Reed Sorenson's fourth-place finish at Dover International Speedway kept him third in the NASCAR Busch Series championship point's standings. Sorenson trails leader Martin Truex Jr., by 258 points and second-place Clint Bowyer by 232 points.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson remains second behind Carl Edwards in the rookie of the year race (311-302). The rookie points are determined by each of the candidates top-16 finishes during the season.
* Testing: Sorenson and the Discount Tire team tested Kansas Speedway last week in preparation for this weekend's 200-lap event. The test was originally slated for two days, but due to weather was cut short after only one day of track time.
* Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis #454 at Kansas this weekend. This is the same car the team visited Victory Lane with at Nashville on March 26. It has also raced at Michigan and Fontana where it placed 36th and 12th respectively.
* Did You Know?: The 2005 rookie class has the most wins this season since it started in 1989. This year's rookies have six wins, Sorenson holds two of them.
* Top Honors: Sorenson was the rookie of the race at Dover International Speedway two weeks ago. Sorenson finished fourth, his 11th top-five and 16th top-10 finish in 29 starts this season. He has captured the top honors 15 times, the most of any freshman driver.
REED SORENSON QUOTES:
"The Discount Tire team has been working hard this past week for the upcoming race at Kansas. We went to Kansas Speedway for a two day test during the off week, and learned a lot for the upcoming race. It is important that we focus on having strong, solid finishes these last six races of the season. We have some great tracks coming up that we have done well at earlier this season. We are going to stay focused and get as much points as we can every race."