* Anniversary: Reed Sorenson made his Busch Series debut last season at Indianapolis Raceway Park. In his first start he qualified third and finished the race 13th. * Busch Series Points Standings: Sorenson's win at Gateway last...
* Anniversary: Reed Sorenson made his Busch Series debut last season at Indianapolis Raceway Park. In his first start he qualified third and finished the race 13th.
* Busch Series Points Standings: Sorenson's win at Gateway last weekend kept him third in the NASCAR Busch Series championship points standings. However, he closed the gap on the leader Martin Truex Jr. to just 84 points, and just 14 points behind second-place Clint Bowyer.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson is currently tied for first in the rookie of the year race, he and Carl Edwards each have 283 points. This is the first tie for the lead in the standings since the start of the program in 1989. The rookie points are determined by the top-16 finishes during the season.
* Gateway International Raceway: Sorenson won for the second time this season at Gateway International Raceway. The Home123 Dodge led twice for 60 laps on the way to a commanding .710 second lead over second-place Mike Wallace.
* Did You Know?: Sorenson is one of five drivers to win two or more races in the series this season. Sorenson's win is also the seventh win by a rookie this season, which is the most wins by a rookie class since the program started in 1989.
* Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis #452 at IRP this weekend. This is the same car that Sorenson piloted to a win last weekend at Gateway. This car also finished seventh at Pikes Peak the week before.
* Radical Rookie: For the 11th time this season Sorenson grabbed top rookie of the race honors. He has been the highest finishing rookie in the 2005 season more than any other rookies.
* Indy Native: Tim Coffey, truck driver and gasman for the No.41 Dodge, is from Indianapolis, Ind.
REED SORENSON QUOTES:
"I am looking forward to returning to IRP where I had my first start in a Busch car last season. We had a great qualifying run there and we were able to start third which was definitely a surprise to me and the team. We also got a good finish there, our goal was a top-15 finish and we ended up 13th. We are going to take the same car that we won with in Gateway last weekend and we hope to take it to victory lane again. If it runs like it did in Gateway we should be able to get a top-five finish at least. There is a lot of history tied to Indianapolis. The track has been on the NASCAR Busch Series schedule since the series started, and with Chip's (Ganassi, team owner) history in Indianapolis, a win would be very special for the Discount Tire team."