NBS Notes: * Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the No. 12 Kodak Dodge Charger, returns to the 1.5-mile Homestead-Miami Speedway to attempt to qualify for his 11th career NASCAR Busch Series race -- his ninth this season -- on Saturday. * In seven ...
* Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the No. 12 Kodak Dodge Charger, returns to the 1.5-mile Homestead-Miami Speedway to attempt to qualify for his 11th career NASCAR Busch Series race -- his ninth this season -- on Saturday.
* In seven IndyCar starts at Homestead, Hornish has produced two poles, three victories and six top-five finishes.
* If Hornish qualifies for both NASCAR Busch and NEXTEL Cup events, this will be Hornish's second double-duty weekend.
* Matt Gimbel, crew chief of the No. 12 Kodak Dodge Charger, will take chassis PBC-013 to this weekend's Ford 300. Hornish last drove this car at Texas. This is also the same car that Kurt Busch ran in the spring Texas event when he started 18th and finished eighth. Busch started and finished fourth in this car at his home track -- Las Vegas -- in March.
* The backup car for Homestead, PBC-007, was last driven by Newman in May at Darlington, where he started 12th and finished 11th, and at Bristol, where he started on the outside of the front row and finished fourth.
Hornish on Homestead-Miami Speedway: "With the success I've had in the IndyCar Series, I've always enjoyed going to Homestead. It's another great opportunity for me to get more seat time and experience on an intermediate track. Running the Busch program there will definitely help me on the Cup side. Hopefully, we'll be able to get the car where it needs to be at the end."
Gimbel on Homestead-Miami Speedway: "We're taking Sam's car that we ran at Texas. I think we had a really good car at Texas, but we didn't have an opportunity to show it with the spin and the subsequent right-front tire and fender coming apart. Hopefully, with Sam's previous experience running the IndyCar Series races at Homestead and the Busch race there last year we'll go there and show them what Sam and this car can do."