No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The No. 41 Discount Tire team will take chassis ...
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The No. 41 Discount Tire team will take chassis #556 for the Busch Series race this weekend. Sorenson piloted this car to a fourth-place finish at Texas two weeks ago, a second-place finish at Dover in June and fourth-place finishes at the Kentucky and fall Dover races
* Second Time Around: This will be Sorenson's second Busch Series race at Homestead-Miami Speedway. In 2004 this was one of four starts that Sorenson made in the No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge for Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates. Sorenson earned his first top-five and third top-10 finish in just five starts in the NASCAR Busch Series in 2004. After qualifying seventh, Sorenson drove the No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge to a fourth-place finish at Homestead-Miami Speedway in the final race of the season.
* The End of 2005 Season: Sorenson will be making his final start of the 2005 season this weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway. He will be returning to the No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge in the Busch Series next year along with running the full NEXTEL Cup Series in the No. 41 Target Dodge. So far this season Sorenson has had two wins, two poles, 12 top-five and 19 top-10 finishes.
* Double Duty: Along with piloting the No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge in the Busch Series race, Sorenson will be attempting to make his second NEXTEL Cup start of the season in the No. 09 Dodge.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson remains second behind Carl Edwards in the rookie of the year race (333-322). With just one race remaining he is trailing Edwards by 11 points.
* Busch Series Points Standings: Sorenson also remains fourth in the NASCAR Busch Series championship standings. Sorenson is only 106 points out of the third spot.