About the ...
About the #22 AutoZone Ford Taurus Driver, Kenny Wallace . . .
- Currently sixth in NASCAR Busch Series driver points standings entering this weekend's race at California Speedway
- California marks fourth race with sponsorship from AutoZone; announcement came Saturday, the day of The Wallace Family Tribute 250 presented by Shop 'n Save at Gateway International Raceway, outside of Wallace's hometown of St. Louis
- Wallace has earned 10 top-10 finishes in 2005, including three, second- place finishes: two at Nashville Superspeedway and one at Darlington Raceway
- Wallace has 5 career NBS starts at California; best start: 5th, best finish: 9th
- Wallace earned ppc Racing's 200th top-10 finish earlier this season at Pikes Peak International Raceway where he finished third
Wallace's thoughts on California Speedway . . .
"I've always enjoyed racing at California Speedway. California is a lot like Michigan, so I feel like we should be really prepared to compete for a win. We're taking a really good car, chassis #38, which we finished 9th with earlier this season at Lowe's Motor Speedway. We ran pretty good last time we were out there and finished 13th, so I definitely think we are going to improve on that success this weekend in the #22 AutoZone Ford Taurus."
Wallace's thoughts on traveling to California. . .
"It's always fun to go out to California to race because it is such a different environment and I love that area. I really look forward to going out to California, especially for the good shopping. My wife, Kim, and I love going to the Ontario Mills Mall right there by the track to buy things that we can't get at home. I especially love going to the Virgin Records store and I buy all my shoes at the Vans store. I've spent so much time racing and doing appearances out there in the last few years that I almost feel like I'm become a native."