KASEY KAHNE QUOTES: "I was real happy with our performance last weekend. Getting a win at Bristol is very special. The track has so much history and knowing that some of the greatest names in the sport have won there, it's just such a big...
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES:
"I was real happy with our performance last weekend. Getting a win at Bristol is very special. The track has so much history and knowing that some of the greatest names in the sport have won there, it's just such a big deal. The guys did a great job and it was fun to drive this Busch car to victory lane again this year. Everything was right, pit stops were good and the car handled great.
"We will be running a special vitaminwater paint scheme on our No. 9 Busch car this week at California. I'm really looking forward to heading back to a track where we have won in the past. All you need is one strong weekend, like we had last week to get your confidence back. That quickly you can feel good about your season again and feel good about what you're doing and the progress that the team is making. You have one really good race and it quickly turns around people's attitudes and confidence. Hopefully with the way things went this past weekend, California will be another good race for us."
* Kahne led 14 laps en route to a victory at California Speedway in the Busch Series last fall.
* Last season Kahne swept the Busch and Cup races at Fontana over Labor Day weekend.
* Kahne's statistics at California are outstanding. In six career starts he has finished in the top-five all but once.
* His average finish at the 2-mile oval in Fontana is 6.2.
* The No. 9 Gillett Evernham Motorsports team currently sits seventh in NASCAR Busch Series Owner Points.