KENNY WALLACE / No. 22 AUTOZONE RACING TEAM FAST FACTS: * Kenny Wallace has 15 NASCAR Busch Series starts at Daytona International Speedway; posting two top-five's and eight top-10's * The No. 22 AutoZone team will be running...
KENNY WALLACE / No. 22 AUTOZONE RACING TEAM FAST FACTS:
* Kenny Wallace has 15 NASCAR Busch Series starts at Daytona International Speedway; posting two top-five's and eight top-10's
* The No. 22 AutoZone team will be running chassis #23 this weekend at Daytona; #23 is the same car Wallace ran in July 2005 July at Daytona and finished 4th
* Wallace's average starting position is 21st and his average finishing position is 15th at Daytona
* Wallace currently sits 9th in the NASCAR Busch Series driver point standings, moving up one position after an eighth place finish at Milwaukee last weekend
* Master Yacht Sales will be displayed on the upper c-post of the No. 22 AutoZone Ford this weekend
KENNY WALLACE ON DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY:
"I love Daytona, last time we were there the AutoZone team finished 13th.This is also the same track that I sat on the pole the first time I ran in a Busch car. I've got a good attitude going down there, I'm excited. It's an easy track for our team to approach because we don't go down there searching for the speed. We have what we have and we race and we have a good time doing it."
KENNY WALLACE ON APPROACHING THE MIDPOINT OF THE 2006 SEASON AND LOOKING FORWARD:
"It's hard to believe we are half way through already. I'm really glad that the team has worked together to turn this program around and get us back into the top-10 in points and I'm excited for what we can do coming into the second half of the season. I've never finished out of the top 10 (in points) in the Busch Series in my career. ... My pride is on the line every week. That's a stat I don't want to be broken. ... So now I think we're headed in the right direction. My goal is that at the end of the year when we to go the banquet, I want AutoZone's driver to be on stage. That's the most important thing -- be in the top 10 and be on stage." "