Reed Sorenson, No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Racing at Darlington: Last season Reed Sorenson piloted the No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge to a ninth-place finish at Darlington Raceway in the NASCAR Busch Series race in the...
Reed Sorenson, No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Racing at Darlington: Last season Reed Sorenson piloted the No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge to a ninth-place finish at Darlington Raceway in the NASCAR Busch Series race in the fall. The top-10 finish had been a career best for the 18-year-old driver in just his fourth start in the Busch Series. Sorenson and the team had to earn the top 10 the hard way. After starting 36th for the 147-lap race, he ran over debris that cut down a tire on lap 58 while running 10th.
* Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis #451 in Darlington this weekend. This is the same car that Sorenson piloted to a third-place finish at Bristol earlier this season.
* Testing Fever: The Discount Tire crew is testing this week at Richmond International Raceway in preparation for next week's race at the .75-mile oval.
* Busch Series Points Standings: Sorenson dropped one spot to third in the Busch Series points standings after a disappointing 32nd-place finish last week in Talladega. Sorenson is 153 points out of first place, but only six points out of the second spot. A multi-car accident on lap 16 collected more than half the field including points leader Carl Edwards and Sorenson.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson currently sits second in the rookie of the year race, just 20 points behind leader Edwards. The rookie points are determined by the top 16 finishes during the season.
* Did You Know?: Only three rookies have earned top-five finishes in the first 10 races. Sorenson has four top-five finishes this season.
* Tire Tidbits: A tire receives its speed rating by the U.S. Government through meeting minimum standards for reaching and sustaining a specified speed. A higher speed rating will result in better car handling. It is not recommended to downgrade the speed rating of your tires. This may result in poor handling and unpredictable steering. However, if you want better cornering response, there is no problem installing a higher speed rated tire on your vehicle. Never mix and match tires with different speed ratings on your vehicle. This will cause serious problems with the handling of your vehicle. This information and more can be found on Discount Tire Company's website www.discounttire.com
REED SORENSON QUOTE:
"Last week was a hard week for the Discount Tire crew. We had a good car. We thought that we had missed the wreck when it happened, but we ended up getting collected in it. The DTC crew worked hard and got the car back out on the track quickly. Then, with so many cars being down laps, we were able to get the free pass from NASCAR and start to earn back laps we had lost. We tried to get all we could but we had to park the car early. I am looking forward to going back to Darlington. I had a good run there last season and was able to get a top-10 finish. I just hope we can do the same thing this time."