* Johnny Sauter took RaybestosÂ® Rookie of the Race honors for the fifth time this season in the Charter Pipeline 250 at Gateway International Raceway. Sauter finished 11th completing all 200 laps of the race and collected RaybestosÂ® Rookie ...
* Johnny Sauter took Raybestos® Rookie of the Race honors for the fifth time this season in the Charter Pipeline 250 at Gateway International Raceway. Sauter finished 11th completing all 200 laps of the race and collected Raybestos® Rookie honors for the third consecutive race. Sauter has now been Raybestos® Rookie of the race in five races this season.
* Two other Raybestos® Rookies finished on the lead lap: Kerry Earnhardt (12th) and Casey Mears (15th). Shane Hmiel (26th) and Scott Riggs (27th) were also running at the finish of the race.
* Mears was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie, taking the eighth starting spot at Gateway. He was the only first year driver to start inside the top-10. The rest of the class: Riggs (14th), Sauter (17th), and Earnhardt (31st). Hmiel was the only rookie that used a provisional to start the race, taking the green flag from the 37th position.
* Riggs continues to lead the chase for Raybestos Rookie of the Year honors. Entering Saturday's NetZero 250 at Pike Peak International Raceway, Riggs holds a 59-point advantage over Sauter (255-196).
* Despite his misfortune, Riggs remains fourth in Busch Series points, 140 behind third place Jack Sprague. Riggs holds a 70-point advantage on fifth place Bobby Hamilton Jr.
* Riggs has led more miles than any other Raybestos® Rookie Contender this season. He has led 13 times in eight races (252 laps) for a total of 386.55 miles.
* Three Raybestos® Rookies have won at least one pole position this season: Hmiel (2), Riggs (2), and Sauter (1).
* With his win in the Tropicana Twister 300 at Chicagoland Speedway, Sauter became the first of the Sauter brothers (Jay and Tim) to win a NASCAR Busch Series race.
* Entering the NetZero 250, four Raybestos® Rookies have started all 20 Busch Series races this season: Riggs, Hmiel, Mears, and Earnhardt.
* Greg Biffle was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in last year's NetZero 250 at Pikes Peak International Raceway. He finished fifth, one of eight drivers to finish on the lead lap.
* Biffle was the only Raybestos® Rookie to lead a lap at Pikes Peak. He led twice for 35 laps.
* Jamie McMurray had a solid run last year at Pikes Peak, scoring a 12th place finish.
* Four Raybestos® Rookies started the race and three were running at the finish of the race: Biffle, McMurray, and Scott Wimmer (20th). Engine failure sidelined Larry Foyt, leaving him with a 34th place finish.
* Biffle was the highest qualifying rookie, taking the fourth starting position in time trials. Larry Foyt had a strong qualifying run, taking the 10th position. Biffle and Foyt were the only two rookies to start in the top-10.
<pre> RAYBESTOS ROOKIE CONTENDER POINT STANDINGS
DRIVER POINTS Scott Riggs 255 Johnny Sauter 196 Shane Hmiel 189 Casey Mears 165 Kerry Earnhardt 164 Brian Vickers 82 Kasey Kahne 76 Dan Pardus 58
HIGHEST FINISHING RAYBESTOS ROOKIE BY RACE
EVENT HIGHEST FINISHING ROOKIE EAS/GNC Live Well 300 Shane Hmiel, fifth 1-866-RBCTerm.com 200 Scott Riggs, fourth Sam's Town 300 Johnny Sauter, third DarlingtonRaceway.com 200 Johnny Sauter, 11th Channellock 250 Scott Riggs, ninth O'Reilly 300 Scott Riggs, fourth Pepsi 300 Scott Riggs, first Aaron's 312 Casey Mears, fifth Auto Club 300 Scott Riggs, first Hardee's 250 Brian Vickers, seventh Busch 200 Shane Hmiel, fourth Stacker 2 200 Scott Riggs, second CARQUEST Auto Parts 300 Scott Riggs, third MBNA 200 Scott Riggs, 11th Inside Traxx 300 Shane Hmiel, ninth Kroger 300 Scott Riggs, fourth GNC Live Well 250 Shane Hmiel, sixth Stacker 2/GNC Live Well 250 Johnny Sauter, sixth Tropicana Twister 300 Johnny Sauter, first Charter Pipeline 250 Johnny Sauter, 11th