Truex to Drive Navy Chevrolet at Chicagoland Chicagoland Notes * For the second week in-a-row, Martin Truex Jr. will step up to drive the No. 88 Navy Accelerate Your Life Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS. In addition to his Nextel Cup...
Truex to Drive Navy Chevrolet at Chicagoland
* For the second week in-a-row, Martin Truex Jr. will step up to drive the No. 88 Navy Accelerate Your Life Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS. In addition to his Nextel Cup responsibilities, Truex will run the No. 88 in the NASCAR Busch Series USG Durock 300 at Chicagoland Speedway on Saturday. He is filling in for JR Motorsports regular driver Mark McFarland who was injured in an on-track accident at Milwaukee.
* In Truex's two previous Busch Series starts at Chicagoland, his best starting position is 16th and he picked up his best finish at the track last year when he took the checkered flag in seventh. He also led three laps in last year's USG Durock 300.
* The Navy team is bringing brand new chassis No. 022 to Chicagoland this weekend.
* Last weekend Truex drove the No. 88 Navy Chevrolet to an eighth-place finish at Daytona International Speedway.
* McFarland and the team picked up their best finish of the season in April at Talladega Superspeedway. He started 27th and finished seventh there.
* JR Motorsports and The Cycle Xchange have teamed up to create a one-of-a-kind custom chopper benefiting the Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Central and Western North Carolina. The 2006 TCX/Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chopper debuted at the Speed Street Festival in Charlotte on May 25 and is scheduled to be on display at select NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series races and select motorcycle rallies including Sturgis Bike Week. The chopper will be up for bid on eBay (http://www.ebay.com/dalejr) starting at 11 p.m. EST on Sept. 29. Dale Jr. will present the chopper to the winning bidder during on-stage festivities at the 7th Annual Celebrity/Sports Auction on Oct. 24.
Martin Truex Jr., Driver of No. 88 Navy Accelerate Your Life Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
"I had a good time driving the Navy Chevrolet last weekend at Daytona for the JR Motorsports team, so I was definitely willing to help them out again this week at Chicago.
"I had a pretty good run last year at Chicagoland, and I'm looking forward to getting back there to see what I can do in the No. 88."
Wes Ward, Crew Chief of No. 88 Navy Accelerate Your Life Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
"I like Chicagoland. It's one of the nice facilities we visit each year, so it's always a pleasure to go back. I also like the surrounding area as well.
"We're glad to have Martin back in the car this weekend after he did such a good job for us at Daytona, but we're looking forward to getting Mark back in the car as soon as possible."
* The fleet honoree for Saturday's race at Chicagoland Speedway is the USS Chicago (SSN 721). The operation, upkeep, and entire effectiveness of the submarine is carried out by 140 enlisted men and officers. Pearl Harbor has been Chicago's homeport since 1997.