No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Busch Series Points Standings: Reed Sorenson's sixth-place finish at Kansas Speedway kept him third in the NASCAR Busch Series championship points standings. Sorenson trails leader Martin Truex Jr., by 251 points and...
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Busch Series Points Standings: Reed Sorenson's sixth-place finish at Kansas Speedway kept him third in the NASCAR Busch Series championship points standings. Sorenson trails leader Martin Truex Jr., by 251 points and second-place Clint Bowyer by 202 points.
* Rookie of the Year: After his top-10 finish at Kansas, Sorenson has regained the lead over Carl Edwards in the rookie of the year race (314-312). The rookie points are determined by each of the candidates top-16 finishes during the season.
* Testing: Sorenson and the Discount Tire team are testing at Memphis Motorsports Park this week in preparation for next weekend's Sam's Town 250 at the .75-mile track.
* Chassis: The Discount Tire team will race chassis #555 at Charlotte this weekend. This is the same car that Sorenson piloted to a 10th, fifth, third and sixth-place finish at Chicago, Charlotte, Texas and Las Vegas respectively.
* Did You Know?: Sorenson along with fellow rookies Edwards and Jon Wood are the only rookies to score top-five finishes this season.
* Charlotte in May: In his first NASCAR start at Lowe's Motor Speedway in May, Sorenson piloted his Discount Tire Dodge to a fifth-place finish and earned his fifth top-five of the season. Sorenson was also the top finishing Busch Series regular in a race that had 17 NEXTEL Cup drivers entered in the 43 car field.
REED SORENSON QUOTES:
"We are starting to get into a groove. We've had top-10 finishes the past three races and that is exactly what we need to continue to do if we are going to stay in the top-three in points. The Discount Tire crew worked hard this past weekend where track position was so important. They were able to help me out a few times and we had a really good race car. We ran well in the spring at Charlotte and I expect we will run well again this weekend. There are always a lot of Cup drivers in companion races but especially at Charlotte where most of the race teams are based. I look forward to racing with those guys this weekend and hopefully we will have another top-10 finish."