* Round Three: David Stremme will attempt to make his third NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start this weekend at Lowe's Motor Speedway, debuting the No. 39 Commit Dodge from the Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates stable. Stremme currently pilots the...
* Round Three: David Stremme will attempt to make his third NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start this weekend at Lowe's Motor Speedway, debuting the No. 39 Commit Dodge from the Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates stable. Stremme currently pilots the No. 14 Navy Dodge in the NASCAR Busch Series, where he sits 11th in the championship standings with 3228 points. Previously in Cup competition this season, the South Bend, Ind. native drove the No. 39 Navy Dodge for CGRFS at Chicagoland Speedway and Richmond International Raceway (September race) in his first two career starts, finishing 16th and 42nd, respectively.
* LMS: Stremme has four career starts at Lowe's Motor Speedway in a Busch Series car. He started 20th in the spring race earlier this season and finished eighth. Stremme's top Busch Series start at the track is 15th (May, 2004), with a best finishing position of eighth coming twice (May, 2004 and 2005). He's completed an impressive 742 of 800 laps (92.8%), with a single lap led around the 1.5-mile tri-oval.
* Atop the pit box: Lee McCall will serve as Stremme's crew chief this weekend at Lowe's Motor Speedway. McCall joined Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates at the beginning of the 2001 season to lead the No. 40 team. McCall amassed five wins as a crew chief at CGRFS, four with Sterling Marlin and one with Jamie McMurray.
* Chassis: McCall and the Commit team will be bringing chassis #405 to Lowe's this weekend. Stremme tested and ran this chassis at Chicagoland Speedway earlier this season. This chassis was run twice last season by the No. 40 team at Fontana and Kansas.
* Double duty: This is the third of four races where Stremme will be running both the NASCAR Busch and NEXTEL Cup Series races. He will also turn the trick for Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates at the season finale at Homestead in November.
* Looking Ahead: Stremme will close out his 2005 NASCAR campaign piloting the No. 39 Commit Dodge in the season-ending weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Stremme, the 2002 ASA and 2003 Busch Series Rookie of The Year award winner, will drive alongside CGRFS teammate Reed Sorenson in 2006 battling for NEXTEL Cup Series ROTY honors in the No. 40 Coors Light and No. 40 Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon Dodges.
David Stremme Quote:
"I am really excited to race at Charlotte, and I am looking forward to having Commit come on board as part of my transition into the NEXTEL Cup Series this year," said Stremme. "I think it is going to be great racing so close to the shop. The team guys have been working really hard and are committed to making a fast car. I always put added pressure on myself so close to home to make the guys who built and prepared the car proud. But if I can run up front, I also have the ability to make NASCAR fans around the country aware of products like Commit that can help them live longer and lead healthy lives."