Casey Mears and No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge Discount Tire Team Facts: * Discount Tire: Casey Mears will make his second and final appearance in the No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge this season at Lowe's Motor Speedway. Mears...
Casey Mears and No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge
Discount Tire Team Facts:
* Discount Tire: Casey Mears will make his second and final appearance in the No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge this season at Lowe's Motor Speedway. Mears captured his first-career NASCAR Busch Series pole and his career-best finish of second in the DTC car at California Speedway in September.
* Appearances: Ganassi driver Reed Sorenson will be signing autographs beside the Discount Tire showcar on Thursday, October 14 at Concord Mills Mall in Concord, N.C. from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sorenson, along with Mears, will be signing at the Chip Ganassi Racing gift shop on Friday from 1 to 3 p.m. just down the road from Lowe's Motor Speedway.
* Charlotte Facts: Mears has competed in four NASCAR Busch Series events at Lowe's Motor Speedway since his entrance into stock car racing in 2002. He earned his best finish of 15th in both Busch Series races in 2003. In preparation for the event, Mears and the Discount Tire Team participated in a two-day test at the 1.5-mile track.
* Chassis: Crew chief Brian Pattie and the Discount Tire Team are bringing chassis #454 to Lowe's Motor Speedway for The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 300. The team tested this chassis just a few weeks ago.
* Tire Fast Fact: The treadwear grade on a tire is a comparative rating based on the wear of a tire when tested carefully under controlled conditions. For example, a tire graded 400 should have its useful tread last twice as long as a tire graded 200. Another tire manufacturer, however, may grade a comparable design 300, so a grade of 150 would last just half as long under their grading scheme. The lesson learned is to not use one manufacturer's grade versus the other, but instead to compare tire grades within a given brand.
Casey Mears Quote:
"I'm looking forward to getting back in Ganassi equipment for the Busch race this weekend," said Mears. "Brian (Pattie) has put together a great program and we proved that in California. We had a pretty good test session in the No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge. I'm confident that when we get our race motor in the car and take what we learned from the test, we should be a contender all night long."