CLINT BOWYER Hoping to Leave the Lowe's Motor Speedway Hex Behind Him HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (May 23, 2006) -- ACDelco driver, Clint Bowyer has not had the best luck at the 1.5-mile quad-oval located in Concord, N.C., but hopes that it will all...
Hoping to Leave the Lowe's Motor Speedway Hex Behind Him
HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (May 23, 2006) -- ACDelco driver, Clint Bowyer has not had the best luck at the 1.5-mile quad-oval located in Concord, N.C., but hopes that it will all change as he takes to the newly repaved racing surface of Lowe's Motor Speedway (LMS) under the lights for a 200-lap event on Saturday night.
The 2005 season brought disappointment with it as the ACDelco team finished 32nd and 33rd respectively in both visits to LMS. Bowyer suffered the repercussions of a cut tire just past the midway point of the May event. He was later involved in a wreck with his Richard Childress Racing (RCR) teammate, Kevin Harvick, on lap 49 of the October race. Between both races at LMS, the Emporia, Kan., native scored his two lowest finishing positions for the 2005 race season. All of that is about to change as the ACDelco race team focuses on victory lane Saturday night.
Points of Interest...
* What Ya' Haulin'... After testing at LMS in preparation for this season's races, the ACDelco Real Car Guys have decided to leave the car they tested at home in Welcome, N.C., and will bring chassis No. 50 instead. This car was built brand new for the 2006 season and raced at California Speedway in March. After qualifying 14th it finished in the 16th spot.
* Track Stat...Bowyer has raced three times at LMS. He qualified 12th at the Oct. 15, 2004, event in the No. 21 RCR Chevrolet and finished 10th. In his first full season of NASCAR Busch Series racing in 2005, Bowyer qualified 9th in the ACDelco Chevrolet for both races and took the checkered flag in the 32nd and 33rd spots respectively.
* Points Chase... Bowyer held onto second position in the NASCAR Busch Series drivers' points chase after his 17th place finish at Darlington Raceway. He is currently 347 points behind his teammate and points leader, Kevin Harvick. The No. 2 ACDelco race team also held onto second place in the NASCAR Busch Series owners' points chase. They are 356 points behind their teammates in the No. 21 Coast Guard Chevrolet.
* There are Still Only Two...Clint Bowyer and his Richard Childress racing teammate, Kevin Harvick, are the only Busch Series drivers to complete all 2,202 laps of NASCAR Busch Series competition for the 2006 race season.
* Record Holder...Clint Bowyer holds the current record in the NASCAR Busch Series for most consecutive races finished on the lead lap. He has completed every race since Memphis in 2005 on the lead lap, which brings his total to 15 races.
* Start Time...Saturday's 300-lap event at Lowe's Motor Speedway is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Live television coverage of the race will begin on FX at 7:30 p.m. EDT, with live radio coverage beginning at the same time on your local PRN radio affiliate and XM Satellite Radio -- channel 144. Qualifying will be broadcast live on Thursday at 9:00 p.m. EDT on SPEED. Remember times and dates of the race may change, so check your local listings.
* Double Duty...ACDelco driver, Clint Bowyer will also be competing in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series for Richard Childress Racing in the No. 07 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS. He dropped one position in the Cup point standings after his 23rd place finish at Darlington Raceway and is currently in the 16th spot, 505 points out of the lead.
* ACDelco..."Brake Bucks:" To help owners prepare their vehicles for summer driving, ACDelco's "Real Car Guys" invite consumers to cash in on ACDelco's "Brake Bucks" promotion. The ACDelco "Brake Bucks" rebate promotion gives vehicle owners the opportunity to receive high-quality ACDelco replacement parts at competitive prices when they purchase ACDelco DuraStop® brake products from participating Independent Service Centers (ISCs). ACDelco will reimburse consumers $10 for each set of high-quality ACDelco DuraStop friction products (pads, shoes and loaded calipers) purchased from and installed by a participating ISC from June 1 -- July 31, 2006. The offer is not valid at new vehicle dealerships or on products being replaced under warranty, and there is a $20 maximum rebate limit per customer.
Clint Bowyer on Lowe's Motor Speedway...
Heading to Lowe's Motor Speedway this weekend, Clint Bowyer is currently second in the Busch Series championship chase. That's the good news. The bad -- after 12 of 35 races, Bowyer trails teammate Kevin Harvick by 347 points.
"He's (Kevin Harvick) very good in Busch cars and he's very consistent. He does everything you need to do to win a championship. We've got to get things rolling pretty quickly or he's gone. He's out there quite a ways, but obviously anything can happen. I shrank a 200-point deficit last year pretty quick and all it took was some bad luck on Martin's (Truex) part. You can't hand him the trophy yet, but we need to get things turned around pretty quick."
During your last trip to Lowe's Motor Speedway, you got involved in a wreck with Kevin Harvick. What do you think happened and does it have anything to do with your luck at this track?
"It was a pretty good hit. I didn't know what happened. My teammate got up on the outside and got me loose. By that time, I couldn't stay off of him and spun both of us out. It was an unfortunate deal. It's pretty bad when you get into your own teammate, but that's the way it goes sometimes. I don't know what it is about this place (Lowe's Motor Speedway). We had bad luck both times we raced here last year."