Reed Sorenson, No. 41 Home123/Discount Tire Dodge No. 41 TEAM FACTS: * Busch Series Points Standings: Sorenson's 36th-place finish at Michigan last weekend kept him third in the NASCAR Busch Series championship points standings. ...
Reed Sorenson, No. 41 Home123/Discount Tire Dodge
No. 41 TEAM FACTS:
* Busch Series Points Standings: Sorenson's 36th-place finish at Michigan last weekend kept him third in the NASCAR Busch Series championship points standings. However, he lost some ground in the points standings and he now trails leader Martin Truex by 324 points and second-place Clint Bowyer by 120 points.
* Rookie of the Year: Sorenson slipped to second behind Carl Edwards in the rookie of the year race (297-292). The rookie points are determined by each of the candidates top-16 finishes during the season.
* Bumping and Banging: Sorenson made his first career start at Bristol Motor Speedway in the spring. After qualifying his Home123 Dodge in the sixth position he was able to finish third .
* Chassis: The No.41 team will race chassis #451 at Bristol this weekend. This chassis has run three times this season at Indianapolis (third), Darlington (12th) and the first Bristol (third).
* Blue and Yellow: The No. 41 Dodge will again be sporting the yellow and blue special paint scheme of Home123 for the fifth and final time this season. Sorenson raced the Home123 Dodge at Gateway where he pulled it into victory lane. Home123 is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. and is a subsidiary of New Century Financial Corporation, a publicly traded company (NYSE: NEW).
* Did You Know?: Two or more rookies have ranked in the top 10 in Busch Series championship standings after each of the 25 races this year.
REED SORENSON QUOTES:
"I am really looking forward to this weekend's race at Bristol. We raced well there in the spring and we are bringing that same car back this weekend. I won at Gateway in the Home123 car so hopefully we will be able to pull it into victory lane again this weekend at Bristol. We had some bad luck the last two weeks but the No. 41 crew is working hard and we are hoping to have some strong finishes these next few weeks."