Reed Sorenson and No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge Discount Tire Team Facts: * Discount Tire: Reed Sorenson will attempt to make his third NASCAR Busch Series race this weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway in the No. 41 Discount...
Reed Sorenson and No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge
Discount Tire Team Facts:
* Discount Tire: Reed Sorenson will attempt to make his third NASCAR Busch Series race this weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway in the No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge. Sorenson made his Busch Series debut at Indianapolis Raceway Park in August where he qualified third and finished 13th. Sorenson earned his first top-10 finish last weekend in Memphis.
* Appearances: Sorenson, a Peachtree City, Ga., native, will be signing autographs beside the Discount Tire showcar on Wednesday, October 27, at Discover Mills Mall in Lawrenceville, Ga., from 5 to 7 p.m. The mall is located just 25 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta on Peachtree Parkway.
* Atlanta Facts: Sorenson will be competing in the American Speed Association race on Friday night in addition to his Busch Series duties on Saturday. He has seen a tremendous amount of success at the track in his young career. In 2001, he captured the AMS Legends Car Pro Division Championship.
* Chassis: Crew chief Brian Pattie and the Discount Tire Team are bringing chassis #452 to Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend. The team tested this chassis last week with Sorenson at AMS. This car sat on the pole and finished second at California Speedway on September 4 with driver Casey Mears behind the wheel.
* Tire Fast Fact: You can often improve ride and performance by changing tire size. By selecting a tire of the next lower profile, you can significantly improve the ride quality and handling of your vehicle. On small cars, a good example is to replace the original equipment 155/80R-13 size with 175/70R-13. The tread is almost an inch wider and the tire has a proportionately lower sidewall (however the tire's height remains the same); both these features improve handling and stability.
Reed Sorenson Quote:
"I can't wait to race at Atlanta Motor Speedway in front of my hometown crowd," said Sorenson. "This weekend will be my first time racing on the big track. I haven't had a ton of experience on superspeedways, so it was very important to the team that we test, and I think we had a successful test in the Discount Tire Dodge.
"I ran over 200 laps, so I was able to learn a lot about the track. This is one of the fastest tracks on the NASCAR circuit, so it was important to get used to it during a test than to just show up and expect to race well. I was able to run all over the track and got used to the different lines."