Scott Lagasse Jr. Quick Facts: * Scott Lagasse Jr. will run his first full season with CJM Racing this season in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and compete for Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year honors * The NASCAR Nationwide Series last raced two...
Scott Lagasse Jr. Quick Facts:
* Scott Lagasse Jr. will run his first full season with CJM Racing this season in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and compete for Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year honors
* The NASCAR Nationwide Series last raced two weeks ago at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. After being forced into a back-up car and starting 42nd, Lagasse Jr. went on to post a NASCAR career high finish of ninth
* This will mark the very first appearance at the "World's Fastest Half-Mile" for the rookie driver. Lagasse Jr. will make his first laps around the race track Friday afternoon during practice
* Lagasse Jr. will be making an appearance at the Food City Family Race Night at Bristol Motor Speedway from 7:30 8:30 pm (EST) on Friday evening. A second appearance at the Nationwide display area will be made Saturday afternoon from 12:30 1:00 pm (EST)
CJM Racing Quick Facts:
* The 2009 season marks the second season CJM Racing will compete in the NASCAR Nationwide Series full-time. The team finished up the 2008 season 17th in owner points
* CJM Racing transitioned over to Toyota Camry's this off-season. The team will bring a brand-new chassis to Bristol Motor Speedway (#12)
* The No. 11 entry will proudly display the ASA ribbon on the c-post this weekend to help bring awareness to Autism. This new relationship will continue throughout the 2009 season
* Carnegie Medal recipient Lindsey Witherspoon will be honored this week as the Incredible Hero for the America's Incredible Pizza Company Hero campaign. Lindsey dove into freezing water to rescue a woman trapped in her car on Fort Patrick Henry Lake on December 26, 2007
Driver Scott Lagasse Jr. on the Last Few Weeks Off:
"It's difficult having such a great run in Las Vegas and then having to sit back for two weeks with no racing. The momentum was going strong and I wish we could have stayed at it. On the other hand, I know it's nice for the guys to spend some time at home with their families and prepare for a couple of long stretches in our race schedule.
Driver Scott Lagasse Jr. on his Impressions of Bristol:
"This will be my first time ever racing at Bristol. I think it's a really cool race track. I'm excited about going there. I grew up short track racing and this is the type of track you dream about going to as a kid. I remember watching the Bristol races on TV and thinking what an awesome place it is. I can't wait to take my first laps around that place."