* This Week's Verizon Dodge ... Justin Allgaier will pilot Penske Racing chassis PRS-007 in Saturday's NASCAR Nationwide Series Scotts Turf Builder 300 at Bristol Motor Speedway. The 2009 NNS Rookie of the Year drove this Verizon Dodge to a ...
* This Week's Verizon Dodge ... Justin Allgaier will pilot Penske Racing chassis PRS-007 in Saturday's NASCAR Nationwide Series Scotts Turf Builder 300 at Bristol Motor Speedway. The 2009 NNS Rookie of the Year drove this Verizon Dodge to a 27th-place finish last August at Bristol after being involved in an early incident. Most recently, Allgaier finished 20th with this Charger in the 2009 season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
* Three Races In ... Over the season's first three races, Allgaier has accumulated one top-five and three top-10 finishes, an average starting position of 13.3 and an average finish of 6.7. The Riverton, Ill. native has led one lap of competition and has completed all 472 laps contested thus far. He enters Bristol fourth in points, 56 markers behind point leader Carl Edwards.
* Last Time Out ... Allgaier had a car capable of contending for the win two weeks ago when the series raced at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, but an extended green-flag run in the latter stages of the event left the third-year driver with a seventh-place finish.
* Penske Racing at Bristol ... In nine previous NNS starts at Bristol Motor Speedway, Penske Racing entries have recorded one win (Ryan Newman, 8/05) three top-five and six top-10 finishes. Penske Dodges have been atop the leaderboard for 302 circuits in their time at BMS and have completed 98.6 percent of the laps contested (2,324 of 2,356).
* Penske Racing in 2010 ... Three races into the 2010 season, Penske Racing's two NASCAR Nationwide Series entries have recorded a combined three top-five and five top-10 finishes. Penske Dodges have completed 100 percent of the laps contested (944 of 944) with drivers Allgaier and Brad Keselowski, and have led six laps.
* Spring Break ... Allgaier and the No. 12 team took advantage of the first break in the 2010 schedule by heading to Gresham Motorsports Park for a test session on Tuesday, March 9.
* Meet the Driver ... Fans can meet Allgaier on Thursday, March 18 from 6 -- 7:30 p.m. EDT at the Verizon Wireless store located at 5 Clear Creek Road in Bristol, Va. The following day, he will sign for fans at the Penske Racing souvenir trailer from 11 -- 11:30 a.m. Later that evening, Allgaier will participate in the NASCAR Nationwide Series group autograph session, at the official NASCAR Merchandise trailer at the BMS midway, from 7 -- 8:00 p.m.
* Birthdays, Anniversaries ... Allgaier and his wife, Ashley, celebrated their fourth wedding anniversary on Thursday, March 4. Rear tire changer Brian Haaland celebrated his 30th birthday last Thursday, March 11. Team engineer Jonathan Hassler will celebrate his 25th birthday on Monday, March 22.
Justin Allgaier on Bristol Motor Speedway
"When you look at the tracks that you'd like to get your first win at, Bristol is definitely one of them. For me, it's a track that has so much history behind it, and knowing the prestige that comes with winning there, it would be unbelievable. If we were able to win this weekend at Bristol, it would be huge for everyone on this Verizon team."
Crew chief Chad Walter on Bristol Motor Speedway
"Bristol is probably the one track that Justin feels owes him one. We ran extremely well there last season in both events, and our attempt to improve upon a fifth-place spring finish was cut short entirely too early. Justin may be the 'show within the show' this weekend."
-source: penske racing