JASON KELLER 2009 * Currently seventh in the NASCAR Nationwide Series point standings, has advanced one position after each of the last three races * Recorded season-best sixth-place finish at Iowa * Eclipsed the 100,000 mile mark in his ...
JASON KELLER 2009
* Currently seventh in the NASCAR Nationwide Series point standings, has advanced one position after each of the last three races
* Recorded season-best sixth-place finish at Iowa
* Eclipsed the 100,000 mile mark in his career in the NASCAR Nationwide Series on June 12
* Six top-10 finishes are the most he has registered since the 2005 season
JASON KELLER CAREER
* NNS career leader in starts (480) and earnings ($13,124,050)
* Has made at least one start in the NNS each year since 1991 and has made 20 or more starts in 15 different seasons
* Has five top-five and nine top-10 finishes in NNS standings including finishing second in 2000 and 2002
JASON KELLER @ BRISTOL
* Started from the pole, led 182 of 250 laps, and went on to win the 1999 Moore's Snacks 250
* Started a season-best third in the Scotts Turf Builder 300 at Bristol in March, but experienced motor problems and went on to finish 28th
* Has three career poles at Bristol (4/10/99, 8/23/02, 8/23/03)
* Has more career starts (31), laps led (302), lead-lap finishes (19) and laps completed (7,171) at Bristol than any other track.
* Qualified in the top 10 in nine out of 10 races at Bristol from 1999 to 2003
* Finished 12th the 2008 Food City 250 and ran 239 of the 250 laps in the top 15
JASON KELLER ON BRISTOL
"Bristol is close to home for me and I really enjoy going there! It is an extremely exciting track where bad things can happen really fast. You can try and put yourself in a position where you are out of harms way, but you never know what is going to happen. Trouble can find you whether you're leading the race or running 43rd."
JASON KELLER ON PARTICIPATING IN GOODYEAR TIRE TEST
"I appreciate Goodyear including our team in the July tire test at Bristol. We should be able to take some things we learned and use them in the race. The tire we will be running is going to rubber-up the racetrack, and concrete tracks are always better when they rubber themselves up."
THE STORY OF A DOG NAMED BRISTOL
"When I was on my way home from the tire test, I called my daughter, Jade, to let her know that as soon as I got home we would go and get the Golden Retriever she had been wanting. After we picked up the dog, she surprised me and named him Bristol! It's very fitting that Bristol is one of my favorite tracks and now I get to see Bristol everyday at my house."
TODD GORDON ON BRISTOL
"It should be an exciting race under the lights at Bristol Friday. We are bringing car 80 which is the same car we qualified third with there in the spring and also had top-10 finishes with at Dover and Gateway. Since the spring we've made a lot of improvements to our entire package so we are bringing a really competitive piece this weekend."