BAKER CURB RACING NO. 27 2010 * Rank eleventh in the NASCAR Nationwide Series owner point standings * Two runner-up finishes with Greg Biffle (Auto Club Speedway 2/20/10 and Richmond 4/30/10) * Four different drivers have registered...
BAKER CURB RACING NO. 27 2010
* Rank eleventh in the NASCAR Nationwide Series owner point standings
* Two runner-up finishes with Greg Biffle (Auto Club Speedway 2/20/10 and Richmond 4/30/10)
* Four different drivers have registered top-10 finishes in the No. 27 (Biffle, Kelly, Piquet Jr., Wimmer) and two more have registered top-15 finishes (Herring, Sauter)
* O'Quinn Jr. is the 10th different driver to make a start in the No. 27 this season
* The primary chassis for this weekend, BCR 82, has three top ten finishes in four starts this season (Bristol, Phoenix, Richmond) and is the same car Greg Biffle led 44 laps with in the spring race at Bristol
DANNY O'QUINN JR. @ BRISTOL MOTOR SPEEDWAY
* Qualified 16th for the NASCAR Nationwide Series 2010 Scotts Turf Builder 300 (3/20/10)
* Finished a career-best 11th at BMS in the NNS 2006 Sharpie Mini 300 (3/25/06)
* Started 13th and finished 10th in the 2007 O'Reilly 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race (8/22/07)
O'QUINN JR. MAKING APPEARANCE AT HEIL TRAILER IN ATHENS, TENN.
O'Quinn Jr. will appear at the Athens, Tenn. Heil Trailer plant located at 1125 Congress Parkway from Noon until 3:30 p.m., next Wednesday, August 18th for pictures and autographs. In addition, the No. 27 Heil Trailer International Ford Fusion will be on display for fans to get an up-close look at a NASCAR Nationwide Series car.
FORMER BRISTOL TRACK OWNER HOPES TO RETURN TO VICTORY LANE
Baker Curb Racing co-owner Gary Baker owned Bristol Motor Speedway from 1978-83 and presented Dale Earnhardt the trophy for his first career NASCAR Sprint Cup win in 1979. Baker hopes to return to victory lane in Bristol, this time on the receiving end of the trophy.
DANNY O'QUNN JR. ON BRISTOL
"I'm excited for this opportunity with Baker Curb Racing and to have Heil Trailer International on board as a primary sponsor. I haven't raced any full races this season, so I'm ready to get back in the swing of things. This team ran well at Bristol with Greg Biffle in the spring and Bristol has always been a good track for me. I grew up about an hour away from there and consider it my home track. I've made a lot of laps around the place in all types of cars and it just seems to fit my style. I've been successful at high-banked tracks throughout my career. I've had good runs at Salem and Winchester in addition to Bristol. Hopefully when you combine my past success at Bristol with Baker Curb's, we'll have a strong run on Friday night!
CREW CHIEF JEFF WHITE ON BRISTOL
"We are looking forward to having Danny in the car this weekend at Bristol. He has run well there in the past and knows what he wants as far as the setup for the car. We are taking car 82, which is the same car Greg Biffle led 44 laps with at Bristol earlier this season and ended up finishing sixth. We ran a conventional setup on the car in the spring and it seemed to be more consistent, so that is where we are going to unload this weekend."