* Upon moving on from the open-wheel ranks, Jason Leffler made his stock car debut at Atlanta Motor Speedway in 1999 when he competed in his first ARCA Remax Series race, posting an impressive 5th place finish. * Leffler has logged five career...
* Upon moving on from the open-wheel ranks, Jason Leffler made his stock car debut at Atlanta Motor Speedway in 1999 when he competed in his first ARCA Remax Series race, posting an impressive 5th place finish.
* Leffler has logged five career NASCAR starts at Atlanta Motor Speedway, (3) in the Nationwide Series and (2) in the Sprint Cup Series.
* In Nationwide Series competition at Atlanta, Leffler's has a best finish of 6th (2006) and a best start of 7th (2003).
* Last year at Atlanta, Leffler was running among the top-15 after starting 27th when an accident ended his day on lap 62, resulting in his only DNF in NNS competition at the track.
LEFFLER ON ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY:
"I always look forward to racing at Atlanta. It's super fast and wide with multiple grooves that allows for a lot of side by side racing. You will have two and three wide racing for most of the race which makes it great for the fans. What I like the most about it is that you have your pick of lines to run, so if your car isn't handling well in one groove you can move around and find a line that better suits the way your car is handling. Atlanta Motor Speedway provides some of the best racing of the season and that has been proven over and over by some of the exciting finishes we have seen there over the years. We had a really great car last weekend in Las Vegas and although our day was cut way too short by an accident, I had enough time during practice to see that we should be strong again this coming weekend in Atlanta as well. If we can make it without incident until the end of the race, I think we will be a strong contender."
The No. 38 Great Clips team will compete with chassis # 006 in this weekend's Nicorette 300. Chassis 006 has been in the Braun Racing rotation for a couple of years but was completely rebuilt during the off-season.