Texas Native David Starr Applauds NASCAR for Rule Changes * This will mark David Starr0x2859s 23rd start at Texas Motor Speedway. * The Texas native, who lives right down the road from the speedway in Fort Worth, has seven top-five and 10 ...
Texas Native David Starr Applauds NASCAR for Rule Changes
* This will mark David Starr0x2859s 23rd start at Texas Motor Speedway.
* The Texas native, who lives right down the road from the speedway in Fort Worth, has seven top-five and 10 top-10 finishes on the 1.5-mile tri-oval.
* He has completed over 90% of the laps in Texas and his highest finish is third which he has done three times.
* Starr has qualified on the outside pole four times in Texas.
* This Week's Truck: Starr will pilot the HT chassis called Swinger. It raced in Las Vegas.
Go For A Lap Around Texas: "In the trucks you carry so much speed into turn one at Texas Motor Speedway it is awesome. Basically to run well in Texas the truck has to turn good in the center, because if it is not good in turn one then you will hit the wall in turn two. Turns three and four are very different then turn one and two. You cannot be tight off of turn two or it messes up your whole lap. The best place to pass in Texas is coming off turn two, so you have to be spot on entering it. If not you will have to regroup and then try again."
NASCAR's Rule Changes for the Camping World Truck Series: "I've always thought that NASCAR makes changes for the betterment of our series. They seem to really take into account the fans and that is what makes our sport keep going. I'm excited to go back to standard pit stops because the fans enjoy that more. It is easier on the teams and the drivers as well. We get it all done in one stop. And the double file restarts will amp up the excitement level too. NASCAR is always thinking about how they can make our series better and I commend them for that."