Scot Walters/Red Man Racing Notes * This is not Scot Walters' first trip to the California Speedway. Walters journeyed out west to the pristine speedway with Brewco Motorsports' No. 37 Timber Wolf NASCAR Busch ...
Scot Walters/Red Man Racing Notes
* This is not Scot Walters' first trip to the California Speedway. Walters journeyed out west to the pristine speedway with Brewco Motorsports' No. 37 Timber Wolf NASCAR Busch Series team last October as an observer. During that visit he was able to watch and learn so to speak.
"It was a good decision to come out last year with Brewco's Busch team to see California Speedway," said Walters. "It gave me the opportunity to see the trucks in action on the two mile D-shaped oval. I also got a idea of how the trucks enter and exit the turns, so it should help us with our set up."
* Scot Walters and the Red Man/ Brewco Motorsports team won the Cintas Rookie of the Race Award for the first time during the running of the NAPA Autocare 200 at Nazareth Speedway in Nazareth, Pennsylvania. The award is given to the rookie driver that records the highest finish during any given race.
"This is a great feeling," said Walters. "The team and I have been trying so hard to win this award, and to finally do it is fantastic. I know their will be more to come and I'm sure we can do it. The big thing about this award is what it means in terms of the Cintas Rookie of the Year battle. If you can win more of these awards than any other driver you can bet you'll have a great shot at the Rookie Title, regardless of the bonus points awarded.
* Scot Walters and the Red Man/Brewco Motorsports team recorded a 13th place finish at Nazareth Speedway this past week. It was the team's best finish since collecting a 10th place finish at Miami-Dade Homestead Motorsports Complex on April 4th.
The team moved up two positions to 21st in the season long NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series point standings as a result of the finish.
* Scot Walters is making his 15th NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series start in the NO FEAR CHALLENGE at the California Speedway in Fontana, California.
* Scot Walters and the Red Man/ Brewco Motorsports team is planning to participate in an open test session at Pikes Peak International Speedway on Thursday 23rd of July, the day before the track opens for competition.
* Ultra Mar/ Beacon Oil stores is the associate sponsor on the No. 37 Red Man Chevrolet for THE NO FEAR CHALLENGE at the California Speedway in Fontana, California. The chain operates 132 stores in California.
The 1998 Cintas Rookie of the Year Standings
Andy Houston 127 Greg Biffle 117 Wayne Anderson 108 ---(Scot Walters 105)--- Dominic Dobson 69
Under 18 No tobacco-Our Policy. Our Practice