NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Nashville Speedway August 10, 2001 Driver: Lance Norick ...
NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series
August 10, 2001
Driver: Lance Norick #90
Sponsor: Aventis Behring Choice
Crew Chief: John Monsam
Owner: Ron Norick
14th in NCTS Points, 15th in Owner Points
The Truck: "High Boy"
Last raced at at Dover. Since Dover, not many changes, except a new side. According to team manager Gus Primm, she's "ready to rock."
* Norick's crew chief, John Monsam has already raced here once this year. He was crew chief for an ARCA series race, and they finished in 4th place.
* If Norick's #90 ABChoice Chevrolet qualifies in the top 10 this weekend, it will be the first time he has qualified in the top ten three races in a row.
* Norick will be visiting children at Vanderbilt Children's hospital on Wednesday morning.
* 250 guests will be in attendance for Victory Lane Kids event at this race.
* Special guest in the pit...Shawn Caplinger...hemophilia patient will act as Honorary Pit Crew Member.
"It's always exciting to race at a new track. Plus, the fans in Nashville are awesome. They pack the stands and create a lot of excitement, which makes it more fun to race. It's also a good feeling knowing that John Monsam [crew chief] ran here earlier this year in another series, so he already understands the unique qualiities of this new track."
John Monsam, Crew Chief:
I'll be applying what I learned at Nashville earlier this year in the Arca race, and hope for a strong finish for the Aventis Behring Choice team."
Gus Primm, Team Manager/Spotter:
"We're really excited about Nashville. This truck ran last at Dover. It was really good during the Dover race and we have just been waiting to get it back out again." <pre> 2001 Performance:
2/14/01 Daytona 19 4 4th 3/04/01 Homestead 4 13 9th 3/17/01 Bakersfield 23 27 11th 4/07/01 Martinsville 21 27 15th 5/06/01 Gateway 13 14 12th 5/12/01 Darlington 18 20 14th 5/20/01 Pikes Peak 13 23 15th 6/02/01 Dover 16 17 14th 6/08/01 Texas 14 12 14th 6/23/01 Memphis 7 8 13th 6/30/01 Milwaukee 8 17 13th 7/07/01 Kansas 16 11 14th 7/14/01 Kentucky 14 18 14th 7/21/01 New Hampshire 7 16 14th 8/03/01 Indianapolis 9 15 14th
Career Stats Starts in 2001: 15 of 15 Year-to-Date Earnings: $166,055 2001 Top-5 Finishes: 1 in 15 races 2001 Top-10 Finishes: 2 in 15 races 2001 Top-15 Finishes: 7 in 15 races 2001 Top-20 Finishes: 12 in 15 races
1996-2000 NCTS Results Number of Starts: 109 Race Winnings: $860,361
Other NASCAR Series: Winston West: 6 Starts: $40,924 Winston Cup: 1 Start: $22,645