SETZER LOOKS TO DEFEND HOME TURF THIS WEEKEND AT MARTINSVILLE * The North Carolina native will be making hisr1stNASCAR start at Martinsville Speedway. He has one Sprint Cup, three Nationwide and 17 previous NCTS starts at the 0.526-mile oval. He...
SETZER LOOKS TO DEFEND HOME TURF THIS WEEKEND AT MARTINSVILLE
* The North Carolina native will be making hisr1stNASCAR start at Martinsville Speedway. He has one Sprint Cup, three Nationwide and 17 previous NCTS starts at the 0.526-mile oval. He has scored three victories, seven top-five and 11 top-10 finishes in those trucks starts.
* Setzer has scored seven consecutive top-10 starting spots in the last seven events.
* Setzer will pilot "DUSTER" on Saturday afternoon. He drove this particular chassis to an emotional victory at Martinsville in March after leading 125 laps. It was teams first victory since Bobby Hamilton Sr. passed away in January 2007.
* The No. 18 Dodge will be showcasing the GreenBrier Dodge paint scheme during the Kroger 200. The GreenBrier dealership was the outstanding sales performer selling more Dodge vehicles than all the surrounding dealerships, thus winning the prize to sponsor Setzer's No. 18 Dodge Ram at Martinsville this weekend.
* Bobby Hamilton Racing has two poles at the 0.526 mile oval. One in 2005 with Hamilton Sr. and another in 2006 with Bobby Hamilton Jr.
Defending Home Turf: BHR has deep roots in Martinsville. Team owner Clay Campbell not only plays an instrumental role in BHR, but also serves as President of Martinsville Speedway. Growing up right down the road in Leasburg, VA, Crew Chief Marcus Richmond is no stranger to the short track. He scored his first win as a NASCAR crew chief there earlier this season and called the shots for former BHR driver Timothy Peters when the duo won the Bailey's 300 event in 2005. And most recently, the BHR race shop relocated to the Virginia town.
Dodge Teammate: Setzer will have a new teammate for the Kroger 250. Sprint Cup driver Sam Hornish Jr. will attempt to qualify for his first truck race in the No. 4 Penske Truck Rental Dodge.
20 Down at the Historic Half-Mile: This weekend's running of the Kroger 250 will be the 20th NCTS race at the famed short track. Setzer has competed in 17 of the 20 events scoring three wins and seven top-five finishes. BHR made its first Martinsville truck start in 2007. Hamilton Sr. scored the team's first victory at the speedway in 2004.
Setzer on who is more important the driver or the crew chief at Martinsville:
"I used to think the driver because even though you could have a bad pit stop or a race call and the driver could work his way back to the front. As long as you had a fast truck you could make up the ground. It is not that way anymore. Track position is so important now I think the crew chief is the key player. He is the one who has to make the call when to come down pit road and when to stay out. I can give him my two cents on it, but he is the one who makes the final decision. Marcus (Richmond) made a great call that won us the race in March and I have every confidence in the world in him."