* Brendan Gaughan was the RaybestosÂ® Rookie of the race in the Kroger 225 at Kentucky Speedway. Gaughan finished 11th and took home top finishing rookie honors for the seventh time this season. Gaughan has been top finishing RaybestosÂ® Rookie...
* Brendan Gaughan was the Raybestos® Rookie of the race in the Kroger 225 at Kentucky Speedway. Gaughan finished 11th and took home top finishing rookie honors for the seventh time this season. Gaughan has been top finishing Raybestos® Rookie in five of the past six Craftsman Truck Series races.
* Four Raybestos® Rookies were running at the finish of the Kentucky race: Gaughan, Bill Lester (14th), Aaron Daniel (25th) and Randy Briggs (26th). Steering problems eliminated Jason Small, leaving him with a 29th place finish.
* No Raybestos® Rookie led a lap at Kentucky Speedway, the second consecutive race where no first year driver has led at least one lap.
* Gaughan is the only rookie to lead in the Craftsman Truck Series this season. He has led three times in two races for 94.00 miles entering Saturday's New England 200 at New Hampshire International Speedway.
* Gaughan enjoys a 36 point lead (146-109) over Lester in the Raybestos® Rookie standings entering Saturday's race at New Hampshire.
* Lester was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at Kentucky. He claimed the third starting position in time trials, equaling his best run in qualifying this season. He also grabbed the third starting position for the July 5 Craftsman Truck Series event at Kansas Speedway. Lester has been top qualifying rookie in seven of the 10 Craftsman Truck Series races this season.
* Eight Raybestos® Rookie Contenders entered the Kentucky event and four qualified on their speed: Lester, Gaughan (ninth), Jason Small (26th) and Aaron Daniel (29th). Randy Briggs used a provisional and started 35th. Three first year drivers failed to earn a starting position for the race: Rodney Sawyers, Dana White, and Loni Richardson.
* Gaughan's win in the O'Reilly 400K at Texas Motor Speedway marks the third consecutive season where a Raybestos® Rookie of the Year Contender has won at least one race.
* Only three Raybestos® Rookies have started all 10 races entering the New England 200 at New Hampshire International Speedway: Gaughan, Small, and Lester.
* 2002 Raybestos® Rookie Champion Travis Kvapil was the top finishing rookie in last year's New England 200 at New Hampshire International Speedway. Kvapil placed second, .932 second behind race winner Jack Sprague.
* Three Raybestos® Rookies finished in the top-10 at New Hampshire: Kvapil, Ricky Hendrick (fourth) and Matt Crafton (10th).
* Hendrick was the only Raybestos® Rookie to lead a lap at New Hampshire. Hendrick led once for 14 laps and was one of just three drivers who led the race.
* Nine Raybestos® Rookies started the race at New Hampshire and eight were running at the finish of the race. The only first year driver who failed to finish the race was Larry Gunselman who dropped out with handling problems after three laps and was credited with 31st in the final rundown.
* Nathan Haseleu was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at New Hampshire, claiming the sixth starting position in time trials. Travis Kvapil, who started ninth, was the only other rookie who qualified in the top-10.
<pre> RAYBESTOS® ROOKIE CONTENDER POINT STANDINGS
DRIVER POINTS Brendan Gaughan 146 Bill Lester 109 Jason Small 102 Trent Owens 61 Rodney Sawyers 56 Randy Briggs 33 Dana White 28 Loni Richardson 24 Aaron Daniel 19
HIGHEST FINISHING RAYBESTOS® ROOKIES BY RACE
EVENT HIGHEST FINISHING ROOKIE Florida Dodge Dealers 250 Jason Small, ninth Craftsman Anniversary 200 Trent Owens, 15th Advance Auto Parts 250 Brendan Gaughan, ninth Ram Tough 200 Brendan Gaughan, 11th Rocky Mountain 200 Trent Owens, 14th MBNA 200 Brendan Gaughan, 11th O'Reilly 400K Brendan Gaughan, first O'Reilly Auto Parts 200 Brendan Gaughan, 13th GNC Live Well 200 Brendan Gaughan, fourth O'Reilly Auto Parts 250 Randy Briggs, 23rd Kroger 225 Brendan Gaughan, 11th