* Only three-time NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Champion -- 1997, 1999, 2001 * Leading NCTS money winner exceeding $5.4 million in winnings-only driver in series history to exceed $5 million mark * Only driver to start all 170...
* Only three-time NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Champion -- 1997, 1999, 2001
* Leading NCTS money winner exceeding $5.4 million in winnings-only driver in series history to exceed $5 million mark
* Only driver to start all 170 events as NCTS full-time competitor 1995-2001
* Holds series records for total top-five (111 -- 53.4%) and top-ten (153 -- 73.9%) finishes (208 starts)
* Holds series records for most races with lead lap finishes (159-76.4%) and races running at the finish (193-92.8%) (208 starts)
* Second on all time NCTS win list with 25 (needs 2 wins to tie, 3 to be all-time series winner)
* Second on all time NCTS starts list -- 208
* Has won most poles in NCTS history -- 27
* One of only two drivers to win a race in each of eight seasons
* Has won from the pole five times in NCTS competition (208 starts)
* Has started in top-three 75 times resulting in 42 top-three finishes (56%) (208 starts) 19 wins;
15 seconds; 7 thirds
* Has started in top-five 105 times resulting in 66 top-five finishes (62.9%) (208 starts) 20 wins; 23 seconds; 9 thirds; 6 fourths; 8 fifths
* Has started in top-ten 162 times resulting in 128 top-ten finishes (70.1%) (208 starts) 24 wins; 31 seconds; 17 thirds; 11 fourths; 15 fifths; 6 sixths; 5 sevenths; 8 eighths; 6 ninths; 5 tenths
* Has only started out of the top-fifteen 20 times (208 starts) (9.6%)
* Has only finished out of the top-fifteen 38 times (208 starts) (18.3%)
KANSAS SPEEDWAY NOTES: Sprague feels that Kansas Speedway owes him one. In 2001, the Spring Lake, MI native had a dominant truck and looked to be one his way to victory when he had an engine failure on lap 136 of the 167-lap race. Last year, Sprague had a "rocket ship" and was running near the front of the field when on-track contact damaged the aero of the No. 16 Xpress Motorsports Silverado and the handling went away. Sprague salvaged an eighth-place finish.
JACK SPRAGUE QUOTES:
ON RACING AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY: ""I like Kansas, it is a cool place. I had a great run there in 2001 and was leading with about 40 to go and the engine let go, but my teammate, Ricky Hendrick went on to win so that was cool.
"It is a fast track but the corners fool you a little. It takes a really good handling truck as well as a good aero truck.
"We were a rocketship there last year in the early part of the race. We led and ran second for a long time but then we had contact with a couple of different trucks and the body got pretty beat up on our Chevy Trucks Silverado so we faded back a little but still salvaged a top-10 finish.
"I am looking forward to this weekend's race. We feel like we have the Right Truck for this weekend and can get a strong run."