* Break in schedule, no break in racing ... Lofton kept busy during the three-week break in Camping World Truck Series competition by racing in the Nationwide Series, and testing with his Red Horse Racing team. Two weeks ago, Lofton ran the ...
* Break in schedule, no break in racing ... Lofton kept busy during the three-week break in Camping World Truck Series competition by racing in the Nationwide Series, and testing with his Red Horse Racing team. Two weeks ago, Lofton ran the Nationwide event at Loudon, New Hampshire, qualified an impressive ninth, and finished 17th. The laps Lofton logged on the New England track will be put towards good use later in the season when he returns with his RHR team this fall. After Loudon, Lofton trekked to the Gresham Motorsports Park short track in Georgia and shook down his No. 7 Toyota Tundra, with crew chief Mark Rette and the rest of his RHR crew, in preparation for this weekend's race at Iowa.
* Back at it... Lofton has raced on the 7/8-mile Iowa track three times before within the NASCAR K&N Pro Series and the ARCA Racing Series. Of the combined three races, he has two top-10s with a best finish of fourth in 2007. His most recent run in 2009 while behind the wheel in ARCA competition produced a fourth place starting position, and a tenth place finish.
* Closing in... Iowa marks the 10th race of the 2010 NCWTS season and as the halfway mark inches closer, so does Lofton in terms of the top 10 in the point standings. The Raybestos Rookie of The Year candidate has put up solid numbers for a newcomer, posting three top-15 finishes and a best finish of third. He enters Iowa 12th in points, with a marginal 103-point separation between him and the elusive tenth place position.
* Eyes in the sky... Former NCWTS racer Terry Cook joins the RHR team this weekend at Iowa in a new role. Rather than wheeling a truck around the racy Iowa short track, the veteran racer will take to the spotter stand, helping 24-year-old Lofton maneuver his way around the speedway. Cook, who started the season racing in the Sprint Cup Series, debuted in trucks in 1996 and over the next 13 seasons, collected 112 top-10s and six race wins.
Justin Lofton on racing at Iowa Speedway "I can't wait to get to Iowa. We recently tested and we worked on a couple of new things. I think we found something to make me feel a little more comfortable. Like always, Mark and all of the guys on the No. 7 team do a great job and I am really thankful for them. It's time to get them some finishes that they deserve."
Crew Chief Mark Rette on Iowa Speedway "We are taking the Dover truck to Iowa. And it is the same truck that we tested with last week at Gresham Motorsports Park. We had a really good test session. Out of the group of trucks that were there, we were the fastest and most consistent. I'm looking forward to Iowa. It's a place that Justin has raced numerous times and he knows the track well." Equipment Information Lofton will race chassis RHR110 at Iowa. It is the same truck that Lofton raced to a third place finish earlier this season at Dover.