TEAM CHEVY SILVERADO IN NASCAR CRAFTSMAN TRUCK SERIES * Silverado drivers have scored five (5) wins in 2008 * Most race victories: 132 (of 317 possible 1995-2007) * Most manufacturers championships: Six (6) of 13 (1995-98, 2002, 2005) *...
TEAM CHEVY SILVERADO IN NASCAR CRAFTSMAN TRUCK SERIES
* Silverado drivers have scored five (5) wins in 2008
* Most race victories: 132 (of 317 possible 1995-2007)
* Most manufacturers championships: Six (6) of 13 (1995-98, 2002, 2005)
* Most drivers championships: Nine (9) of 13 (1995-1999, 2001-03, 2007)
* Ron Hornaday, Jr., No. 33 Camping World Silverado, and Jack Sprague, No. 2 American Commercial Lines Silverado, are both three-time NCTS champions
TEAM CHEVY SILVERADO ON THE TRACK: Engaged in one of the tightest championship battles in NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series (NCTS) history, Matt Crafton, No. 88 Menards Silverado, heads to O'Reilly Raceway Park second in the standings, just one point out of the lead. Defending NCTS champion Ron Hornaday, No. 33 Camping World Silverado, is third, just four points behind Crafton. Jack Sprague, No. 2 American Commercial Lines Silverado, is looking to put another victory at ORP on his resume.
Dayne Pierantoni, GM Racing Silverado Program Manager, NCTS: "ORP is a tough old short track. It is relatively flat, the racing groove is high and it's really tough to pass, especially among the leaders. Qualifying is extremely important, there has never been a winner who has started deeper than the fifth position and more typically the winner comes from one of the top three starters. Ron Hornaday is the defending Champion and a Silverado has won two of the past three races at ORP. We have some great short track racers in the Chevrolet camp, I am sure that our Silverados are up to the task."
SILVERADO ON THE TRACK: O'Reilly Raceway Park:
* Silverado drivers have won seven (7) of the 13 previous NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series (NCTS) races held at O'Reilly Raceway Park (ORP), more than any other manufacturer
FROM THE DRIVER'S SEAT:
* RON HORNADAY, NO. 33 CAMPING WORLD SILVERADO: "I really like racing at ORP. It's such a great feeling to win there with all the history behind ORP and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and I've been fortunate enough to have two wins at ORP. Last year, after the rain delay, we had the best truck out there and were able to get the win and I feel we'll be a force to be reckoned with again this year."
* JACK SPRAGUE, NO. 2 AMERICAN COMMERCIAL LINES SILVERADO: "ORP is your traditional short track. It has narrow corners and it is really hard to pass. Qualifying will be very crucial come Friday. However, you just have to watch everyone around you and be as alert as possible. Fuel mileage may also play a factor like it did in Martinsville earlier this season."
* MATT CRAFTON, NO. 88 MENARDS SILVERADO: "I love racing at ORP...there's just so much history there, that track has been on our schedule for a long time. It's a favorite of Duke and Rhonda Thorson, so it's always extra special to me to run well there. We usually run strong at ORP, and hopefully we can continue that this weekend for Duke and Rhonda. We're doing the things we need to do to put ourselves in position for good things each time out. Consistency is the name of the game, and that's our focus." As long as we continue to take care of what we can control, we'll be where we want to be."
* SEAN MURPHY, NO. 07 ASI LIMITED SILVERADO: "I'm really looking forward to this race. We had a good showing at Mansfield and I think we can have another solid finish. It's also the hometown of our sponsor ASI LIMITED so we really want to show well for them."
-credit: gm racing