* Bill Lester was the RaybestosÂ® Rookie of the race in the Michigan 200 at Michigan International Speedway. Lester placed 15th on the lead lap and took highest finishing rookie honors for the first time this season. He became the fifth ...
* Bill Lester was the Raybestos® Rookie of the race in the Michigan 200 at Michigan International Speedway. Lester placed 15th on the lead lap and took highest finishing rookie honors for the first time this season. He became the fifth different Raybestos® Rookie to take the honor this season. Lester completed all 100 laps of the event.
* Leading Raybestos® Rookie Contender Brendan Gaughan placed 18th at Michigan and stretched his lead in the Raybestos® Rookie standings to 43 points (173-130) over Lester entering the Power Stroke Diesel 200 at Indianapolis Raceway Park.
* Four Raybestos® Rookies qualified for the Michigan event and all four were running at the finish of the race: Lester, Gaughan, Jason Small (19th) and Randy Briggs (26th).
* No Raybestos® Rookie led a lap at Michigan International Speedway, the fourth consecutive race where no first-year driver has led at least one lap.
* Gaughan is the only Raybestos® Rookie to lead in the Craftsman Truck Series this season. He has led three times in two races for 94.00 miles entering Friday's race at Indianapolis Raceway Park.
* Two members of the 2002 Raybestos® Rookie class competed in last year's Power Stroke Diesel 200 at Indianapolis Raceway Park: Rodney Sawyers and Dana White. Sawyers had a very respectable night, starting 12th and coming away with a 17th place finish. White started 36th and finished 26th after he was sidelined by clutch problems.
* 2001 Raybestos® Rookie of the Year Travis Kvapil was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in last year's Power Stroke Diesel 200 at Indianapolis Raceway Park. Kvapil finished fifth. He was one of two first year drivers that completed all 200 laps and finished in the top-10. Matt Crafton, who finished seventh, was the other.
* Raybestos® Rookies Crafton and Ricky Hendrick were two of the three freshman drivers who led at Raceway Park. Hendrick led once for 29 laps while Crafton held the top spot once for 22 laps.
* Jon Wood was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie last year at Indianapolis, grabbing the fourth starting position in time trials. He was the only rookie who started inside the top-10.
* Eight Raybestos® Rookies started the event at Indianapolis Raceway Park and six were running at the finish: Kvapil, Crafton (seventh), Hendrick (18th), Willy T. Ribbs (20th), Brian Rose (22nd) and Billy Bigley (29th). Wood (27th) and Larry Gunselman (31st) were involved in accidents and failed to finish the race.
* Gaughan's win in the O'Reilly 400K at Texas Motor Speedway marks the third consecutive season where a Raybestos® Rookie of the Year Contender has won at least one race.
RAYBESTOS® ROOKIE CONTENDER POINT STANDINGS
DRIVER POINTS Brendan Gaughan 173 Bill Lester 130 Jason Small 119 Trent Owens 61 Rodney Sawyers 56 Randy Briggs 41 Dana White 37 Loni Richardson 24 Aaron Daniel 19
HIGHEST FINISHING RAYBESTOS® ROOKIES BY RACE
EVENT HIGHEST FINISHING ROOKIE Florida Dodge Dealers 250 Jason Small, ninth Craftsman Anniversary 200 Trent Owens, 15th Advance Auto Parts 250 Brendan Gaughan, ninth Ram Tough 200 Brendan Gaughan, 11th Rocky Mountain 200 Trent Owens, 14th MBNA 200 Brendan Gaughan, 11th O'Reilly 400K Brendan Gaughan, first O'Reilly Auto Parts 200 Brendan Gaughan, 13th GNC Live Well 200 Brendan Gaughan, fourth O'Reilly Auto Parts 250 Randy Briggs, 23rd Kroger 225 Brendan Gaughan, 11th New England 200 Brendan Gaughan, fifth Michigan 200 Bill Lester, 15th