Penske Racing Racing press release
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
· This Week’s Challenger… Brad Keselowski and the Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-225 during Saturday’s Sam’s Town 300 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS). This is a new chassis to the No. 22 fleet.
· The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2012... Following two points-paying events, Keselowski and the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team sit second in the NNS owner point standings following a second-place finish last weekend at Phoenix International Raceway.
· Keselowski Climbing the Charts…By taking the checkered flag in the 2011 season-finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway, Keselowski claimed sole possession of 15th place on the NNS all-time wins list with 17 victories. Keselowski is now three wins away from tying Greg Biffle for 14th place on the all-time list.
· Streaking… Dating back to last season, Keselowski has now scored four consecutive top-two finishes. Additionally, he has nine consecutive top-10 finishes dating back to the fall event at Chicagoland Speedway
· Vegas Can Be Cruel… After a slow start to the 2011 NNS event at LVMS that included a pit road speeding penalty, Keselowski found himself in position to win the event before a flat tire on the final lap relegated the frustrated Penske Racing driver to a third-place finish.
· Keselowski Speedway Stats…In 102 speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated nine wins, 46 top-five finishes, 65 top-10 results and six pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 1,650 laps at tracks between one and two miles in length.
· Pick 22 To Win… Discount Tire, America’s largest tire and wheel retailer, and NASCAR champion driver Brad Keselowski, are providing an exciting way for race fans to follow the action and win great prizes with the Pick 22 to Win online sweepstakes. At pick22towin.com fans select where Keselowski and his No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger will finish for a designated Nationwide Series races. There are 15 separate Nationwide Series races for fans to participate in for a chance to win free sets of tires and great autographed Brad Keselowski race gear.
· Follow Brad on Twitter… Fans can follow Keselowski on Twitter at twitter.com/keselowski. Followers can get a glimpse inside his everyday life while keeping up-to-date on the latest Cup Series and Nationwide Series news for the Penske Racing driver.
Brad Keselowski on racing in the Nationwide Series at Las Vegas Motor Speedway “Things happen in a hurry at Las Vegas. Wrecks happen fast because you can quickly run up on another competitor. You have to make decisions on the fly because these Nationwide cars run on momentum as much as anything, due to the tapered carburetor spacer. You can’t waste time getting around someone. I’ve worked hard to improve my driving at the mile-and-a-half tracks, so I’m looking forward to getting behind the wheel of the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger this weekend.”
Brad Keselowski on the hot start to the season by the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team "It's been a great start for (crew chief) Jeremy Bullins and the Discount Tire team. Jeremy came over to this team as a new crew chief to start this year. Two second-place finishes, that's a lot to be proud of. We want to win and we’ve been very close to doing just that. We just need a little bit more out of our Dodges, but it’s been a great effort by the whole team. It’s nice to start out like this because it puts us in a great position to really go after the owner’s title.”
Crew chief Jeremy Bullins on getting his Discount Tire Dodge team to Victory Lane “The most important thing for this No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team is to continue to put good cars on the track and we will get this team back to Victory Lane. We’ve had two solid top-five runs going in both races to start the season and that is something to be proud of. Las Vegas would be a great place to get a win as Brad runs really well there without any victories to show for it. He likes the fast, intermediate tracks and Vegas certainly is that.”