Jamie McMurray and No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge
Discount Tire Team Facts:
* 100th Start: NASCAR NEXTEL Cup driver Jamie McMurray will be making his 100th-career start in the NASCAR Busch Series in the No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge at Phoenix International Raceway. McMurray made his debut in the series at Memphis Motorsports Park in October of 2000. In 99 starts, he has amassed five wins, one pole, 15 top-five and 32 top-10 finishes.
* Discount Tire: McMurray will be making his second start in the No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge and his 12th start in the Busch Series this season at Phoenix this weekend. He piloted the No. 41 Dodge at Michigan earlier this season where engine problems ended his day early.
* Phoenix Facts: McMurray will be making his fourth start at Phoenix International Raceway in a Busch Series car. While his best finish at the track is 33rd, the team tested the No. 41 Dodge two weeks ago in preparation for the 200-lap race.
* Chassis: Crew chief Brian Pattie and the Discount Tire Team are bringing chassis #453 to Phoenix International Raceway this weekend. The team tested this car at the track two weeks ago. It is a new chassis in the Chip Ganassi Racing stable and will take to the track in competition for the first time this weekend.
* Tire Fast Fact: Winter tires are designed to deliver safety and control in snow and ice conditions. Many people think that all-season tires can deliver this same performance, but this is not true. The superior traction that winter tires deliver, as much as 25 to 50 percent increase over all-season tires, can very well be the margin you need to stop in time or to turn and avoid trouble.
Jamie McMurray Quote:
"I'm really excited about getting back behind the wheel of the Discount Tire Dodge," said McMurray. "Brian Pattie and the entire crew have done a great job putting together this team. This team had a great run last weekend in Atlanta with Reed (Sorenson). We tested out in Phoenix with this car two weeks ago, and turned lap times as quick as my Cup car in testing out there.
"It's also pretty cool to think that I'm making my 100th Busch Series start this weekend. I always have fun running over in the Busch Series, and hopefully we'll be celebrating my 100th start with a victory on Saturday."