Viva Las Vegas
Huntersville, N.C. (March 8, 2006) -- After two 16th place finishes in a row, ACDelco driver Clint Bowyer can't wait to better his odds in Las Vegas, Nevada. Bowyer is ready to make a run at the championship and take over the Busch Series lead from his Richard Childress Racing teammate, Kevin Harvick. The NASCAR Busch Series championship contender is looking forward to his second opportunity to show what he has at Las Vegas Motor Speedway this Saturday, March 11, 2006, for the running of the Sam's Town 300.
The 2006 NASCAR Busch Series race season has an extremely tight battle for the championship. The Emporia, Kan., native is currently closer to the championship title than he was at this time last season. Upon entering the third race of the season, Bowyer was 82 points out of the lead and in third place at Las Vegas in 2005. This season he is only 67 points out of the lead and is holding down the fifth spot.
Bowyer said, "I am really excited about battling for the championship this season. It's great to be a part of the action, especially because we're so close in points."
Points of Interest...
* What Ya' Haulin'...The Real Car Guys will take chassis No. 035 to Las Vegas Motor Speedway this weekend. They ran this chassis at Las Vegas in 2005 and brought home a ninth place finish as well as running it at four other races during the season. It brought home one pole, three top-five and four top-10 finishes.
* Track Stat...Bowyer has raced one time at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in the No. 2 ACDelco Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS. He started fifth and finished ninth.
* Testing 1, 2, 3...The ACDelco race team tested at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Feb. 6 and 7. They gathered a lot of good notes and are looking forward to their return.
* You ain't nothin' but a hound dog... In the land of Elvis impersonators, you can't help but wonder what Bowyer thinks about "The King". Elvis Presley is Bowyer's favorite singer. The ACDelco driver grew up listening to Presley with his father and says that even though it is a very hard decision, "Hound dog" is his all-time, favorite song.
* Start Time...Saturday's Sam's Town 300 is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. EST. TV coverage of the 200-lap event on FX begins at 6:00 p.m. EST, with live radio coverage beginning at 6:00 p.m. EST on your local MRN Radio affiliate and XM Satellite Radio -- channel 144. Remember times and dates of the race may change so check your local listings.
No. 2 ACDelco driver Clint Bowyer on Las Vegas Motor Speedway...
What do you think about Las Vegas Motor Speedway?
"Last year was my first time racing there. We struggled a little bit, but learned a lot and will use the information we gained to get a better finish this year."
How do you feel about Las Vegas Motor Speedway getting reconfigured?
"I don't really have a lot of experience there, but from the little experience I do have, it's a place where you can move around a lot and try a lot of different things. After talking with my two teammates (Kevin) Harvick and (Jeff) Burton, it may do more harm than good."