Kyle Petty: "It's going to feel great to get back behind the wheel of the No. 45 Marathon American Spirit Motor Oil Dodge. Terry (Labonte) and Chad (McCumbee) have both done an outstanding job over the last two months. Not only have they moved...
"It's going to feel great to get back behind the wheel of the No. 45 Marathon American Spirit Motor Oil Dodge. Terry (Labonte) and Chad (McCumbee) have both done an outstanding job over the last two months. Not only have they moved the team up two spots in owner points, but they've also helped advance the No. 45 program. This is a competitive car. We need to continue that through the end of the year. I had a blast in the TNT Sports booth but I'm ready to get back on the track."
"Stewart Cooper and I only worked together for a handful of races before I stepped into the broadcast booth, but he has amazed me with his demeanor and attitude. For such a young crew chief he carries himself well beyond his years. It's not easy to work with three different drivers. He gave Terry and Chad cars that were racy, and I have confidence that he and I will have a good race this weekend at The Glen."
"I've always enjoyed road course racing, especially at The Glen. I don't know if I would want to do it full-time because I've been racing on ovals for 30 years, but it does give you a nice break during a long season. The Glen is just a great racetrack with a lot of history. It's one of the few places in the country where we get a chance to race where Jackie Stewart, Niki Lauda and Emerson Fittipaldi competed. My 1992 win there is one of my favorites."
* Petty won at Watkins Glen International in 1992. He is one of only six active drivers that have scored a win at the track.
* In 20 starts at the 2.45-mile road course, Petty has scored four top-10s. The most recent of which was in 1999.
* On three occasions Petty has started within the top-10 at the track . His highest qualifying position is second, which he scored in 1992 .
* Of a possible 1,763 laps at The Glen, Petty has completed 1,501 (85.1%), including 29 laps led. His average start at the track is 23.2 and average finish is 25.0.
* This is Petty's first race since the Coca-Cola 600 at Lowe's Motor Speedway in May. Terry Labonte will return to the #45 next weekend in Michigan.