KASEY KAHNE QUOTES "(Texas) is one of the tracks where we were about as dominant as we were at Charlotte. We could have won that race last year, and we look forward to going back there. That's one of my favorite racetracks, probably one of...
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES
"(Texas) is one of the tracks where we were about as dominant as we were at Charlotte. We could have won that race last year, and we look forward to going back there. That's one of my favorite racetracks, probably one of the top three on my list. Hopefully, we'll have a really good weekend and contend for a top five or even a win.
"Getting into The Chase is huge for Evernham Motorsports and Dodge. We need to do that. A win is bigger for our team I think than anybody really knows. We've come so close and felt like we had cars that could win races and just haven't done it yet. If we could get a win, I know it would take a lot of pressure off me because that's something I really focus on every weekend. Getting that first win would make it a lot easier to get another one after that."
STATS & FACTS
KASEY KAHNE AT TEXAS
* Kahne made his first career Cup Series start at Texas Motor Speedway in April 2004. He started third and led his No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge to a second place finish. He led six times for a race-high 148 laps led that day.
TOP SHORT TRACK RUN
* Kahne celebrated his 25th birthday by recording his best finish of the season and career best run at a short track with a second-place effort at Martinsville last weekend. Kahne was in the top 10 by lap 150, gaining all but two of the spots on the track under green-flag conditions. "We didn't use any pit strategy to get up front; he passed those cars to get up to second," said Team Director, Tommy Baldwin, following the race.
* Kahne's second place run at Martinsville marked his sixth career second place finish in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series.
* Kahne passed 33 cars for position last weekend in Martinsville, as he moved from a 35th starting position to finish second on Sunday. The number of positions gained in a single race (33) was a Cup Series career-high for Kahne.
* With Kahne's second place run at Martinsville he moved up six places in the point standings to 18th, 92 points out of the top 10 and just 14 points out of 15th place.
* In the past three races, Kahne has moved up 20 spots in the Nextel Cup standings from 38th to 18th.